The General part 2

Kix was about to go help some of the rookies across the field but Rex put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

Rex: "forget it, we have to leave them."

Wolffe and Cody stared at the screen in shock, their very 1st rule about being a clone is "no man left behind."

Kix: "we cant just leave them sir!"

Rex: "we don't have a choice, that's an order."

Kix: "you sound like General Krell."

That made Rex stop in his tracks and turn around.

The council could tell that he was hurt by that statement.

Rex: "look Kix, it's more important to save yourself right now. If you survive, you can patch up the wounded later.

Rex then takes out the binoculars again and looked at the enemies base, an idea then forms in his head.

Rex: "remember what you were saying about finding another way to destroy those tanks."

Kix: "yeah"

Rex: "well I have a mission for you."

The council and clones all smiled, they knew that any plan Rex had would be better then what Krell had.The council and their commanders continue to keep watching.

Krell: ct-7567 where are you?"

Rex: "General Krell, I've dispatched 2 men on a stealth incursion into the airbase, they've been ordered to co-opt star fighters and use them against the tanks."

Krell: "you what! You put this entire assault on hope that 2 clones can do what your entire group cannot! Captain! You will launch a full-forward strike immediately or you will be relieved of duty."

Wolfe and Cody tense but their generals immediately started to calm him down. Plo whispered calming words to Wolfe while Obi Wan just hugged Cody a little tighter. After the clones calmed down, they continued to watch the screen. 

Krell hangs up and Rex sighs 

Rex: "we need to hold out as long as we can, I'm trusting Fives and Hardcase to pull this thing off."

Fives and Hardcase are sneaking through the bush to get to the enemies base.

Fives: Hardcase can't you take it easy for once, stick to the plan instead of guns blazing."

Hardcase: "I'm sorry it's just how I am."

The council all smiled, they were always trying to teach their men and commanders that they were different, even if they had the same face.

Fives: "The commander on Kamino said that my growth acceleration chamber had a leak, made me hyperactive I guess."

Wolfe and Cody tried hiding a laugh with a cough, the masters though noticed and smiled at them.

They soon reached the base and shoot a grappling hook at one of the trees, Hardcase climbed up while Fives out detonators on the tree.

A winged creature tried to grab Hardcase but he managed to dodge it, Fives aimed his gun at it and shot it. They continued to sneak into the base and went over to the fighters.

Fives: "so how do I start this thing?"

Hardcase: "how should I know."

Fives: "just start pushing buttons."

Fives is then able to turn it on and stats flying it, the Umbaran's start shooting at them but the shields were too strong.

Hardcase: "it's a good thing these things are ray shielded.

Fives connects his shield to the gunner and fly it up, or rather tried because he then hit the ground and started scraping his gunner against it.

Fives: "wooaah."

The council smiled, it was nice to see that they were having fun, even if they were in a battle.

Hardcase starts shooting at the Umabaran's causing some mild explosions.

Hardcase: "woah, woah!"

Rex launched a missile and it took off the top of the machine unfortunately though it didn't stop it from running at him. It then stops and they all noticed Fives bad Hardcase flying the fighters.

They start shooting and exploding up the enemies machines causing all the clones to run to a safe distance. Lots of explosions go off and the clones start cheering for Fives and Hardcase.

The council all smiled at this, it was nice to see the clones be happy and cheer for each other in tough situations.

Krell walks forward and his eyes turn yellow fire in them.

The council all gasped while the clones just stared at the screen in horror, Krell just became a Sith and now the 501st are now in danger because he's in charge.

The clones escort some of the Umbaran's to the cells while Rex and some of his men talk to Krell.

Rex: "General, we have taken the base and cut off enemy supply lines to the capital."

Krell: "luck has smiled on you today captain, consider yourself fortunate."

Rex: "it wasn't all lack sir, a lot of men died to take this base."

Krell: "a price for such victory, perhaps someday you will realize this."

Krell then walks away leaving Rex alone with his men.

The council sighed, they knew that as long as Krell was with them that they would be in danger. Wolfe didn't know what to think, when Rex told him how Krell treated him he never felt more relieved to have Plo as his commander then Krell.

He doubted that if he was Krell was his commander that he would still be alive. He had no idea how Rex managed to survive, Wolfe doubted that he would of lived.