𝕹𝖆𝖎̈𝖛𝖊 𝕴𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊

Chapter 05 :
Naive Innocence

AFTER of maybe an hour of standing there, trying to comprehend what happened. Naruto snapped out of his thoughts and decided to go back to the hospital to check his teammates,

Naruto mindlessly walk through the loud crowded street, but the Uzumaki felt like he can't hear anything - a deafening silence that's he's hearing. He can't hear the happy laughs of children, loud shouting of some sellers and merchants. His mind was occupied by one certain Uchiha.

The Sasuke Uchiha cried, when they were genins the said brooding Uchiha barely show any emotions. He refused to show any emotions. But, now ... He cried, and let Naruto see his vulnerable side.

“B - But Orochimaru ... I can't escape from him ... because of this damn curse mark.”

Sasuke's pleading voice rang through the Jinchūriki's mind.

That mark ... he got it because ... he protect us ... he's comrades ... that's one of the reasons why I'm still hoping that he would come back.”

“I ... Don't know ... Help me ...”

Naruto saw how Sasuke flinched when he asked for help, he knows how prideful the teme is. Maybe it was very hard for Sasuke to ask for help.

He needs help, and I will help him ... I will do everything within my power to help him escape from Orochimaru. Also ... He left the village because he wanted to avenge his clan, and he needed to be strong to do so. Therefore, I will also help him on that. I'm his ... bestfriend and rival after all.”

“Please don't tell anyone about this ... Not even Kakashi or Sakura.”

That's the only part Naruto can't understand. Why Sasuke don't want to inform the others. They can also help him remove the mark ... Naruto sighed, he knows he's not the brightest kid but he should atleast have a theory.

Maybe he's scared that Orochimaru might hurt them? Why did he tell me all this? Why not Sakura or Kakashi?.” Naruto unconsciously said out loud, his face then lightened up like a christmas lights when he finally thinks of a theory.

Maybe Sasuke thought I'm strong enough for Orochimaru! He believe in me! And because of that I will not disappoint him.”

“Naruto ... Can we ... Can we meet again?.”

Sasuke wanted to meet him again, meaning they're going to talk about some important things. Naruto felt nervous at the thought of meeting the Uchiha again, Sasuke had surely grown taller than him, and looked so mature than before. Naruto can't help but to blush at Sasuke's choice of clothing. It was revealing a lot of his pale skin ... the loose cloth barely cover Sasuke's chest. And the purple belt ... Orochimaru also wears a belt like that. The Snake Ninja was basically owning Sasuke, how absurd.

“I kinda miss you ...”

Four words, thirteen letters, that's all it takes for Naruto to put malice on such short message. It was heartwarming yet confusing. Before the team seven was formed Sasuke made sure that Naruto's knows he's not fond of him, always insulting him and even gave him a nickname Usuratonkachi, how endearing.

He missed me? I thought he hates me. When we first met on Orochimaru's hideout. He tried to kill me. Then now he telling me he missed me?.” Naruto again spoke out loud, Naruto stopped walking.

That's when a sudden resolve hits Naruto, harder than how Sakura hit him when he say something she didn't liked.

It was the mark! Orochimaru is controlling him! Poor Sasuke...”

Today, Sakura can finally leave the hospital, she had been staying here in this depressing room for only two days but she felt like it already had been a month. But in those two days, he hasn't seen Naruto. Her only visitors was Sai, and Kakashi who have a bandage on his arm and leg.

She was starting to feel worry about her reckless unpredictable teammate, she would always ask for Naruto but they always assure her that nothing happened to him, and he's just resting at the cottage.

I hope he's okay ...”

"Oh, Sakura ... You're awake.." Speaking of which, the said Uzumaki stated while he closed the door. Sakura immediately felt relieved when he saw the person she currently being worried at, she wanted to stand up but she knows she still needs to rest and lay on the damn bed.

"Naruto! Are you okay? Where were you? —”

Sakura was about to ask more questions when Naruto suddenly hugged the distress Kunoichi, Sakura didn't complain and just hug the blond back, "Don't scare me like that ever again." Naruto croaked, he's face was on the patient's shoulder. She can tell he's crying because of the tears that makes her clothes wet.

She nodded and tried soothing him by gently caressing his back, they were in that position for a while, Naruto broke the hug and sit on the small stool beside the hospital bed.

Naruto cleared his throat loudly, "Sasuke ... I met Sasuke ..." Naruto muttered while he wiped the remaining tears on his face, that put a scowl on the Haruno's face.

"What did he do to you? ... He hurt you didn't he? ... I swear if I see him I'm going to kill him - " she ranted, mentally thinking of ways how to make the Uchiha suffer.

"No, Sakura ... He didn't hurt me ... We talked and he said... he said..." Naruto looked like he didn't want to tell her, he looks uncomfortable as he kept playing with his fingers.

"You don't have to tell me ... if you don't want to okay?." She assure with a small smile, putting her hand above his.

"Thank you ... Sakura." He said, appreciating that she was being understanding.

"Anytime Naruto." Sakura said ruffling Naruto's hair. Sakura looked around, she always wanted to open the window when she felt a sharp pain on my her neck when she tried reaching for the small window ...

"Don't move too much, Sakura! Here let me open the window for you ..." He scolded, and open the window for me. They saw the beautiful sunrise, the depressing dull room slowly turn lively and cheerful.

As much as Naruto don't want to trying the peaceful moment, he still wants to know what really happened to Sakura when he was gone.

"Sakura-chan ... Um, What really happened ... When I was gone?." Naruto hesitantly asked, he was scared that he might overwhelmed Sakura.

"Sasuke did this to me Naruto. He put me under a Genjutsu and beat me up! I fight back of course then he used chidori on me ... I thought I was going to die but he said I was just going to feel the pain ... It felt like I almost won't survived." Sakura exclaimed.

Naruto then felt confused, didn't Sasuke want to go back? Then why would he do this to Sakura?

"Sasuke ... He did this to you? ..."

Sakura was about to nod, when they were interrupted by a loud knock, the door slowly opened and revealed ... Sai.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something ... Kakashi Sensei wants to talk to us regarding about our mission." Sai said while he opened the door wider, and step aside. Kakashi was behind him, adjusting his bandages.

"I ask Pakkun to give my report to the Hokage about what happened to me and Sakura - I mean we were attacked individually ... and lady Hokage advise that me and Sakura will go back to Konoha to make sure that we are okay. She also advise that Sai and Naruto will still continue the mission - they will deliver the scrolls to the Kazekage." Kakashi announced.

"But Sensei! What if Naruto and Sai will be their next target?! What if while we're back in Konoha -" Naruto put his hand on Sakura's shoulder like as if he's saying It will be okay.

"Just go Sakura ... We're going to be alright ... I promise ..." And Naruto gave her a bright grin like he always do, Sakura was still hesitant but agreed nonetheless.

"Okay ..." Sakura whispered, “I'm going to count on your promise, Naruto. I hope you won't break it, but then again when did Naruto Uzumaki ever go back to his word?.”