𝕸𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝕬𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝕽𝖊𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓

Chapter 20 :
Much Awaited Reunion

ANNOYING and Inquisitive.

That two words is what Sasuke think is the most accurate to describe Karin right now.

"Sasuke-kun … You're not gay … right?." Karin asked as she stare at him with hopeless eyes. "Maybe if Naruto is a girl … I would've support you but he's not. I understand that you won't ever reciprocate my feelings for you … but I don't understand … of all people … why did you fall in love with a guy?." She questioned, muttering the last part.

She refuse to believe that she lose Sasuke-kun to a man.

"I am not obliged to explain myself to you." Sasuke announced as he left her there — not bothering to answer any of her questions.

He again stopped momentarily, he slightly glance back at her. "Tell Orochimaru I went back to Konoha … and I won't come back ... Don't tell him that I know what he's planning or I'll kill you." He announced before taking his leave.

Shin grumbled before throwing a thin stick to the fire he created to stay warm for the night. He was tired of finding and collecting thin branches while carrying an unconscious Jinchūriki with him.

They're inside a cold dark cave. Shin thought that this is best place to sleep … he don't have anything with him. And he would be damned if he's going to sleep on the dirty grass.

Shin had successfully healed Naruto's injury … Fortunately, back in the days, Danzo had ordered him — more like force him — to study with Medic-Nins, but he only know the basics. Maybe that's the reason why he was Danzo's favorite … he didn't need to pay any doctor to nurse him whenever he got hurt during his missions.

Too bad the old man betrayed him.

He then took out a small cracked mirror from his pocket — he was not staring at his reflection, he was staring at his brother, Sai.

"Hello there, Sai." Shin greeted with a smile to annoy his brother. “Let me out.” Sai hissed on the mirror, only half of his face was seen because of the large crack. If someone would see Shin, they would definitely think he's crazy because no one other than Shin will hear Sai's voice and see him. It's all inside Shin's head.

"Oh come on … That's not how you talk to your older brother, yeah?." Shin retorted and put down the mirror, making it face him so he still could talk to his brother.

"And besides, I don't know how to. You're the one who let me out, dumbass." He accused and reached for the rabbit he capture. One big fat rabbit is the only thing he managed to catch, he's not complaining though, he didn't get to eat Lunch and Dinner.

Sai didn't answer and just sighed. “Where are you?.” He asked and wince when he saw how Shin effortlessly skinned the rabbit.

"Correction. Where are we." Shin corrected and washed the blood off his hands before washing the rabbit.

"We're inside a cage … along with your teammate — What's his name again? The blond one." Shin muttered and insert a stick inside the rabbit's body before putting it above the fire. "That would take long, isn't it?." Shin muttered and groaned when he heard his stomach demanding for food.

You found Naruto? Where did you find him? Is he okay? Is he alive?.” Sai said with one breath, he was genuinely concerned for his friend.

"I found him in the middle of the woods … fighting some rogues, one asshole managed to hurt him though. But he's still alive … I think." Shin explained.