𝖀𝖓𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

Chapter 19 :
Unfortunate Ending

THE remaining members of Team Seven had demand a Request Mission to the Land of the Sand. They're going to ask Gaara if he knows where Sai or Naruto is.

Considering Gaara haven't sent them a letter acknowledging the congratulatory letter they gave. The usual one-week trip turn to a three-days trip. Because of how persistent Sakura is.

It's currently night time. They had decided to stay the night to a hotel — unfortunately — there was only one vacant room left, so they obviously had to share.

And that's explain where they're now.
"Kakashi-Sensei … You should really go to sleep. It's getting late." Sakura scolded the older Jōnin. While she leaned on the wall, she's worried for her Sensei — Kakashi looked tired, the dark circles under his eyes is enough proof that the Jōnin was not having enough sleep. No doubt Kakashi is thinking about Naruto and Sai.

Kakashi sighed and nodded, he turn off the lights and lay on the couch. He closed his eyes as he forced himself to sleep … a minute eventually turn into half an hour — Kakashi have been turning, squirming trying to be in a comfortable position that could make him feel drowsy. Yet here was, still wide awake.

He eventually gave up, he huffed — irritated. He then reach for his favorite book. He took a small lamp and put it on the table beside him, providing him a small light. He leaned on the couch and started reading.

Kakashi thought that reading could make him feel sleepy, he hoped it would it work.

But that's not what happened, instead, Kakashi was so distracted by the masterpiece he was reading — shortly he lost track of time.

After sitting there for the whole night. He finished reading the not so thick book, Kakashi dreamily sighed. He had this book for years yet he still don't get tired reading it over and over again.

"Wonderful." He said and stretched. He decided to turn off the small light — but the room still had a small light coming from the small window.

Don't tell me …” Kakashi thought. The strong wind slowly slide the curtains. "Uh-oh … Not good." Kakashi whispered in horror, it was already morning. And he didn't get an ounce of sleep, definitely not good.

Sakura and Kakashi is walking towards the exit. Kakashi just dawdle behind her, not having the energy to walk faster. Sakura just roll her eyes on her Sensei, “I knew I should've take the book, last night.” she thought when Kakashi almost trip — the older man can barely open his eyes.

"Sensei, want to have some coffee first?." She suggested, she thought coffee could rouse Kakashi. The Jōnin grunted and silently follow his student — too sleepy to argue.

"Oi, Sakura!." Both Kakashi and Sakura turn their head, to their luck. It was the siblings they wanted to talk to.

Temari and Kankuro.

"Hey." Sakura greeted back while she gently drag Kakashi with her. Kakashi's drowsiness instantly vanished when he saw the two.

"What are you guys doing here?." Kankuro curiously asked, Temari looks as curious as him. "We're actually on our way to Sunagakure, what about you guys?." Sakura questioned.

"Oh. Gaara ordered us to give you this —" Temari reveal a small envelope." — We forgot to give it to Sai when he went back to Konoha." She explained.

Sakura gasped while she turn to Kakashi, she was hoping that Sai and Naruto just decided to stay at Suna for a little longer, even though there's no reason for them to stay. — she was hoping that they weren't missing. But now, it's confirmed.