Chapter 1

Sevyn

"See you later Yaya don't stay here too late charting on them patients either girl" Sevyn said making her way down the hall after doing her usual 12-hour shift. She continued down the hall towards the elevators stopping dead in her tracks when she remembered her lunch bag in the breakroom.

She had been working in the hospital for 5 years now and loved it. The first 3 years she worked as a nurses assistant, the year after that she worked as the unit secretary, but this year was her very first year being an registered nurse on the floor.

Everyone at her job loved her it was just the energy she gave off, you never knew when she was having a bad day because she was always joking and laughing with everyone from the doctors to the patients.

Walking into the breakroom she ran into Faith one of her work friends "Fai what the hell you still doing here?!" she questioned Faith was an older Jamaican woman who reminded her of someone that could be in her family.

Fatih stood up walking towards her "Sevyn you know Damn well when Nesha ain't here I don't have no ride, can you take me home tonight" Sevyn grabbed her bag and turned towards Faith with a smirk on her face "You know I got you Fai I'm ready to go, been ready since after lunch" she laughed. After the two walked out the building laughing and carrying on, they hopped in Sevyn's car.

"Aye I'm riding in the Hot Gyal car tonight" faith chuckled Sevyn had a white chevy Camaro with white and black interior and on the days, she didn't get a ride with Sevyn she rode with Nesha who drove a Soccer mom minivan.

After pulling up to faith's apartment She hopped out "Alright later Sev thank you again" Sevyn simply smiled "Byeeee Faith". Cutting her music up heading for home in the opposite direction. Listening to kehlani's toxic she was singing her heart out.

"All of this love is toxic

All of this love is toxic

All these kisses and hugs is not shit

You a damn drug, you're toxic"

Stopping at a red light she looked at her phone remembering she hadn't spoken to Amari in two weeks. Clicking on Amari's contact the phone began to ring, but no answer she called back 2more times. That was something she did sometimes to make sure the person she was calling was ignoring her.

She scoffed and threw her phone in the passenger seat and continued home listening to her music. Sevyn and Amari had been together since they were 16 and 17, they had ups, downs, and everything in-between. Lately it seemed like Sevyn was the only one invested in the relationship and all Amari wanted to do was run the streets with his niggas making money.

Nothing wrong with him making money she just felt like he lived for the streets, like it ran his whole existence.

Pulling in the driveway seeing Skylar's car she turned her car off and picked up the phone and called him 4more times, still no answer. She got out the car and walked in the house seeing Skylar cooking dinner and recording it for instasnap and her YouTube channel.

Skylar and Sevyn were so close in age people often forgot they were aunt and niece, Skylar 26 and Sevyn 23. They lived together in a nice sized 4-bedroom 3-bathroom house her grandfather purchased for them before he got sick and went in the hospital. Skylar put her phone down cut off the camera and turned towards Sevyn putting her elbows on the counter "how was work Sev"

Sevyn put her lunch bag on the counter and pulled out a glass and a bottle of wine out the rack "it was long perusal, ready for Friday" Sevyn laughed taking a big gulp of the wine she just poured in the glass.

"how's it going at your new job with the kids" Sevyn busted out Chuckling at the thought of her aunt being a 6th grade English teacher she barely seemed to like kids let alone have a full class of 20 students.

"surprisingly I love it so far the kids seem eager to learn and I'm eager to teach and cater to their different learning styles" she shrugged her shoulders

Sevyn turned to refill her glass then leaned her back against the counter with her lips pressed against the glass "that's good I'm excited for you, I'ma have to buy to something cute for your classroom"

Skylar turned to the stove cutting off the stew chicken she was making to go with the cabbage and rice and peas "I would love that you know the school isn't too far from here so you could always drop by preferably with lunch or a snack please and thank you"

Sevyn pushed off the counter and started walking towards her side of the house where her bedroom and bathroom are. "you eating dinner tonight" Skylar yelled after her

"yea I'll put the food away tonight" Sevyn made her way to her room with her glass of wine. She walked in her room looked in the mirror and put her glass down and started to strip out her purple scrubs gathering all the things she needed to complete her hygiene setting them in the bathroom.

Then went back to her room to put on her robe and roll up a cone to smoke her feelings away.

After rolling up she went on the patio connected to her bedroom. She opened the doors closed them behind her and sat on the plush grey swing chair that sat outside. She cut on some music and lit the joint and let the music and relaxation take over her. She picked up her phone sending a text to Amari

Baby🤸🏾‍♀️💜

Amari Smith I know you see me calling you

                                                                   Delivered

Nigga it's been a whole 2weeks, you not about to pick and choose when you wanna be a boyfriend

                                                                                                                                                         Delivered

Sevyn walked in her room throwing her phone on her bed heading for the shower. After taking a shower she dried off moisturized her skin put her bonnet on and crawled in the bed and passed out.