The Day of the Apocalypse (Part 2)

- - - J u d y - - - 

"(Y/nnnnn) get uuuuup." Your friend, Patricia, said. "Nooooo.." You groaned, turning over. She started to pull you out of bed by your feet. You squirmed. "Alright, alright, I'm up!" You sat up but she didn't stop, and kept pulling you out of bed. "Pat no-" You hit the floor. "That's what you get for not listening the first time!" She exclaimed why smiling, and you groaned, standing up and stretching. "Get out so I can get dressed." "Nah." She said, smirking and wiggling her eyebrows. Your eyes widened and your face had a pink hue, and you started to shove her out of your room while she laughed like a maniac.

                              . . .

The both of you walked towards the cafe, chattering and laughing along the way. Once you reached the cafe, you looked inside and saw blood everywhere. "W-what the hell?" She looked inside too and took a step back. "I-I think we need to call the police." She was about to bring out her phone but you stopped her, and pointed to something. "I-Is that a zombie? But I thought that they didn't e-exist!" She grabbed your hand when it looked at the both of you. "Well, t-they do now!" It snarled and showed its' teeth, slowly limping towards you. You both booked it.

                              - - - S c a r l e t t - - -

You walked towards your home, (earbuds/headphones) in and a grocery bag in your hand. You didn't hear your friend sneaking up behind you and so when you felt someone hop onto your back, you screamed and dropped the bag and took off your (e/h). You heard laughter. "Jay, what the hell?!" He got off of your back and he fell onto the floor, laughing. ..Literally. Like, he was rolling on the dirty sidewalk. "What the- Jay, calm down!" I-I can't!" You scoffed and offered your hand, which he ignored. "I-I can get up myself!" "Welp, too bad!" You grabbed his hood and yanked him up, him still laughing. "I told you I-I could get up myself!" You scoffed. "I doubt you'd be able to, anyways." "Wha- hey!"

                            . . .

The two of you walked towards your house, laughings like maniacs. Once you reached your house, your front door was wide open. "Huh?" Jay looked at you. "..Maybe it didn't shut all the way..?" "Could be.." You both continued walking towards your door, and once you reached it, you gasped. "M-mom? Are you alright?!" No response. There were blood stains on the couch and floor, and the glass was shattered. You ran in there and dropped the bag, running towards the scene. Jay followed and shrieked when he saw your mothers' dead body. "M-miss (L/n)?" Her eyes snapped open. They were bloodshot and she had dark circles under her eyes. "What the fuck?" You both stepped back. She groaned and slowly got up, looking at the two of you. "M-mom?!" "C-Cmon', (Y/n), she's gone. "But it's my mom!" "It's not her anymore! Now come on!" He put his arms around your waist and you squirmed, yelling at him to let you go. You gave up and let him drag you outside and cried, not wanting to believe your mother is a zombie. "Look, I'm sorry, (Y/n), but she's gone." Your undead mother limped towards the front door, her limbs cracking. "Now, come on!"

                    . . .

You both ran and saw a couple zombies here and there, but you both managed. ..Until something happened. "Jay? What the hell do we do?!" "We've gotta split up!" "What, no!" "(Y/n), It's the only way we'll be able to get out of here!" You looked around you, and saw the zombies closing in." "(Y/n), I'm sorry about this.." He ran the other direction. "Jay!" You had no choice but to run the opposite direction.

                            - - - J a y - - -

You were going for a jog with your friend, who was panting heavily. "Really? You're already tired?" "It's not my fault I'm not fit like you!" She said, trying to catch up. You stopped and waited for her. Once she caught up, you guys walked. "We barely left your house and you're already tired? What have you been doing all summer?" "Um.." You scoffed. "Jeez. Hey, do you wanna go to the store? My mom needs some groceries." "Yeah, sure."

                    . . . 

The both of you stepped over broken glass and fallen over aisles, wondering what the heck happened. "What the hell went on in here?" May asked herself. "Beats me." You walked to where the cashier would be and saw blood. "U-um, May, come check this out." She walked up to where you were and looked behind the desk. "Woah." You heard something dragging and turned around, seeing a zombie limp by the store. "W-what the- mph!" You covered her mouth. The zombie stopped and growled, slowly turning towards the store. You both went around the desk and ducked, out of sight. You looked underneath the desk and saw the dead cashier. She was about to scream until you pressed harder, successfully shutting her up. Once the footsteps went away, you uncovered her mouth and stood up, looking outside. She slapped your back and you turned to face her. "Stop covering my mouth!" She whispered to you angrily. "Alright, I'm sorry!" You stood back up and walked towards a shelf, observing the items. You realized something. "What about our parents?" She looked worried. "Ye-" You both heard a glass shatter and shelves being knocked over. The shelf you were next to fell on you, knocking you out.

                     - - - H a i l e y - - -

You checked your watch, reading; "Nine fifty-eight.." You got up and got dressed, walking out of the house for a walk.

                  . . .

You took out your phone and felt someone bump into you, and you tore your eyes away from the phone and looked at the female in front of you. She has long, light brown hair and blue eyes, and she looks like she just ran a mile. "S-sorry!" She then ran pastyou and out of your sight. You shook it off and continued walking, but stopped when you saw what she was running from. In front of you was a group of about ten zombies, all limping in different directions. "W-what?" When you spoke, it caught one of the zombies' attention and it turned towards you, snarling and alerting the others. They all turned around and looked at you, then began dragging their feet towards you. You sprinted out of there and back towards your home, checking to see if your parents were alright. You walked towards their room and opened the door and saw nobody, remembering that they went on a date a couple hours ago.

You tried calling them but the calls always went to voicemail, and you threw your phone onto your bed, cursing. You heard a ding from your phone and hoped it was your parents, so you grabbed it off your bed and read the notification. It read; 'Alert! Stay inside your homes. This is not a drill!' You sighed and sat on your bed, doing just that and hoped your parents would make it home safe.

                           - - - S u e - - -

The teacher walked in, papers in hand. She walked around the desks and handed them out. "Psst, (y/n), what do you think you'll get?" Your friend, Scott, asked. "Probably a 'D'. If not, an 'F'." "Mood." When you got your paper, it had a 'B' written on the page. "So, what is it?" "Surprisingly a 'B'." "Dam. I got a 'C'." Everybody stood up for the flag. But when the speakers came on, there was screaming and growling. Everybody starting panicking and looking at the teacher, not knowing what to do. "Everybody, stay calm. I'm gonna go check what's going on." She left and closed the door, running towards the office. "I'm sorta scared, not gonna lie." Scott said. There was banging on the door and your classmates started screaming. You grabbed Scott's pale arm and brung him towards a hole in the wall, pushing him out. Everybody noticed this and started rushing towards you, but thankfully you made it out in time.

About twenty people made it out of the hole, there now being five trapped. You looked towards the door and saw about two zombies banging on the door, but they haven't noticed any of you yet. You grabbed a ruler from your backpack and sneaked up behind them. "(Y/n)! That's risky!" Scott whispered to you. You put a finger to your lips and walked behind them, aiming at their sides and slicing. They both fell dead and the banging stopped. "Everybody, run! There could be more of them!" Everyone s u d d e n l y resumed screaming and ran towards the entrance of the school. You facepalmed. "Alright, (Y/n), we gotta go." He grabbed your arm and rushed towards the gate.