Chapter 6

Excuse any mistakes!

Sincerè Wright

My grandmother apologized, she thought if she told my mother things wouldn't be as bad but I wasn't trying to hear that shit.

She went behind my back and told them. I had my first appointment tomorrow, I wanted to be completely sure before I told them.

The pregnancy tests were clear as day but I didn't want to believe it still.

I waited for my father to get back home, thinking he said all that in the heat of the moment but I was wrong. He meant every word he said.

"Pops! Let me explain!" I yelled out as my father dragged me down the stairs and out the door. I was a crying mess as my grandmother tried to get him off of me.

"You should've kept your legs closed." My father yelled back at me, he pushed me, causing me to fall on the lawn. Just then my brothers pulled up seeing everything takin place.

"What you doin!?" Ace pushed Pops up off me as Hakeem pulled me up off the grass. Pops went back in the house, I figured he would lay off me but he wasn't done.

"What's going on?" Ace asked, turning my face to check and see if I was hurt anywhere.

"She's pregnant that's what's going on!" Pops yelled from my bedroom window, soon after my clothes were all over the lawn.

"What the fuck is wrong wit chu?" Ace went in the house while Hakeem bombarded me with questions.

"You good? Did he hit you?"

"I'm okay, he didn't hit me." He wiped my tears.

"Stop crying, you gone be good." Hakeem began to pick up my clothes off the ground. I got myself together before helping him, I was so embarrassed. The neighbors were out on their porch, being nosey as usual.

They watched everything go down and not one of them said anything.

My underwear was hanging from the tree that sat beside my bedroom window. My socks were laying in mud, my clothes were starting to soak up the water that was left due to the rain. My feminine products were all over the wet concrete, my shit was everywhere.

I heard my grandmother and mother yelling. Glass hitting the floor, things banging into each other. I heard everything, I'm sure the neighbor's did too.

"Let go of him!" My mother screamed.

"Your going to kill him!" Grams yelled.

"Get in the car, don't get out." Hakeem pulled up hus pants and went into the house. I had no energy to argue so I listened.

*
*
*

The twins sat in the car talking while I bagged my clothes in a garbage bag. It's crazy because my mother didn't stop him not one time.

Ace ended up beating my father so bad that the police got involved. One of the neighbor's called the cops, when my grandmother explained everything they let Ace off the hook.

"We haven't been getting any jobs so we don't have much but this." Hakeem said, handing me over a small stack of money.

"I can't take this." I said wiping my tears. "Yes you can, it's enough for now but just wait because you won't be in a hotel for long." Ace said, looking back at me.

"Your not mad at me?" I asked. I was surprised they didn't get on me like they usually do.

"I mean we expected you to go after your dreams first but your already pregnant so we'll have to just deal with it." Ace pulled off from in front of the house after I sat the second bag filled with clothes beside me.