Chapter 18

Excuse any mistakes!

Sincerè Wright

Deontaè's family have been down in Atlanta for two days now. Yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed, me and Deontaè went at it two more times in the shower.

I couldn't even feel my legs.

Today I was feeling back to normal again so I decided to get to know his family some more.

"Ready?" I asked them as I stood at the bottom of the steps, watching Mrs. Ann pull on her shoes.

"Yup." She grabbed her purse and was out the door as Milan and Mia came walking down the stairs.

"Ready." Was all Milan said.

I had to admit the little bit of time I spent with her I could tell she was a good mom. She was so calm when it came to Mia, although she barely said a few words I knew I had to just get her to trust me.

*
*
*

We were all getting our feet and nails done

We were all getting our feet and nails done. Mia was getting just a pedicure.

Milan sat by me the whole time and didn't say a word. I decided to try and get her to become more comfortable, she seemed so tense.

"What color are you thinking about getting?" I asked her.

"Blue." Milan said.

"Blue would look good on you

"Blue would look good on you.." I thought of a good way to start a conversation without triggering her in any way. I didn't mean to stare at her but she was so pretty.

"What are doing for Mia's birthday?"

"Throwing a family get together, my dad is getting out of jail soon so I want to wait until he gets out."

"Oh, Deontaè never really spoke about him much."

"He doesn't like bringing him up because he was supposed to get life."

I was now interested. I didn't want to get into their business but at the same time.. what's tea?

"Oh." Was all I could say, hoping she continued to talk which she did.