Chapter 1: Ericson's School for Troubled Youth

Important Information:
This fan-fiction takes place at the start of Season 4 Episode 1 and so on. This story does not stay entirely canon to the original game. But that's obvious due to it being fan-fiction. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy the story! I highly recommend not skipping past all the canon scenes since I have changed them!

~*~

Clementine's POV
I could feel my head pounding as I attempt to slowly sit up, bringing my hand up to feel a soft bandage wrapped around it. As I regain consciousness, my memories of everything came flooding back. The explosion in the cabin, being surrounded by walkers, crashing the car. But out of it all, there was only one concern that kept ringing in my head. "AJ!" I shout as I attempt to sit up only to have a restraint on my wrist preventing me from doing so. I look over and remove the tape that's currently holding my wrist against the bed's support pole.

They really aren't the best at restraining people.

I think to myself as I finally complete the task of freeing myself. I mean, who did they think duct tape was going to be able to hold? When I finally manage to free myself, I take a moment to analyze the room I was currently in. I always tried to keep a level head and look around my environment when in these situations; since that's what Lee taught me to do. I made sure to get up slowly and carefully in case there was any injuries I didn't notice yet in my dazed state. I could feel the pain in my abdomen get worse as I lift myself to my feet. It felt like a knife was being shoved in my stomach and that the asshole who put it there was twisting it. I walk over to the door and try to open it; not surprised to find it locked. "Shit . . ." I mumble to myself as I look around the room for another way out. There wasn't a vent I could reach, and even if I could I wasn't in any condition to pull myself up and into the vent. The windows show we were a few stories up, so that wasn't an option either. I start opening the drawers to the desk, hoping to find something to pry the door open with, only to come up empty handed. I look around for other alternatives, opening the closet and looking for anything to get that door open. I noticed a box with a black book inside and a box covered in stickers both sitting on the top shelf. I try to pull down the box with the book, causing it to fall onto the ground and spill its contents across the floor.

I curse myself for trying that when I knew I didn't have the strength to support the box's weight. I could only hope whoever had me trapped here didn't hear that. As I scan all the items which had fallen onto the floor, my curiosity got the better of me and I grabbed the black book. The cover of the book had the words 'Sophie's Photo Album' written on it with hearts surrounding the big glittery title. I flip through the pages, scanning a few of the photos to find mostly girls my age in each picture. One picture in particular caught my attention, which had two red head girls and a blonde girl in the frame. The two red head girls from the pervious pictures were standing on the right side and the blonde stood off in the far left. They were all smiling towards the camera, the red head girls holding up peace signs. The blonde girl's green eyes seeming to stand out in the photo. It was as if they were shining a bright emerald color in the sun, and the camera somehow managed to capture that beautiful effect. There were so many photos of the red haired girls, but the blonde girl only seemed to show up in that one photo.

I flipped through the book a bit more, finding myself trying to find the blonde girl in any other photo. It wasn't until I was close to the end of the book that I finally found what I was looking for. There was a photo of the blonde girl holding the camera out as she takes a selfie with it. The other two girls were in the background, all three with bright smiles. Her green eyes much more visible in this photo, enough for me to be able to notice the hints of blue in them. I stare at the girl's eyes for a minute before I finally snapped out of it. What am I doing? I need to focus on getting out of here! I need to find AJ and take care the bastards who took him and trapped me in here to begin with. I grab the chair from the desk and slide it over to the closet, climbing on top of it this time so that I could grab the sticker covered box without dropping it. I set it down onto the desk and open it, rummaging through it for anything that could help me get the door open. I manage to find a palette knife used for painting. "Alright, this will do." I say to myself triumphantly as I forced the door open with it.