Chapter 10: You'll Have To Kill Me First

Clementine's POV
     Louis was shuffling his cards as we all sat around the fire, I figured a game would be a good way to relax everyone's nerves. Louis seemed to be a million steps ahead of me too, already setting up to play before we had even got back from hunting and fishing. "What's the game tonight?" Violet asks, sitting on the couch and leaning against the arm. "Truth or Dare! Highest card asks, lowest card is the victim." Louis says with an evil laugh. "Truth or dare? What are we eight?" Violet asks with a slightly chuckle. "Seven, thank you!" Louis teases back. "Alright, let's do it." I say confidently. "See? Clem's got the spirit!" Louis says with a bright smile as he passes the deck around. I grab a card and turn it over, the three of diamonds. Well shit, I think to myself as I look around. Louis is holding the highest card. "And as always, I am the best card player of all time." He says confidently, only making Violet facepalm. "So Clem, truth or dare?" He asks, I smile and cross my arms. "Truth, I'm not giving you that kind of power. Yet." I say, earning a shrug from Louis. "Fair enough, so what's with the hat? You wear it all the time even though it's practically falling apart." He says, motioning to my hat. "My dad gave it to me, it's kind of like the last thing I have of him I guess. And yeah, it sucks the 'D' is coming off." I say bringing my hand up to touch the small part of the letter that is hanging off the hat. "That explains why you haven't tossed that thing yet. Actually, that's pretty sweet." Louis says with a smile, I roll my eyes and draw a new card. I smirk as I pull the Ace from the deck, leaving me with the highest card and Aasim with the lowest. "Oh thank god, at least it's Clem." Aasim says in relief. Let's just say, I didn't like his doubt in me.
     "Alright Aasim, I dare you to go ask Ruby for a kiss." I say with a smirk. Aasim looks over at me with a look of pure horror. "Y-You didn't even ask me if I wanted a dare!" He shouts, I just laugh and motion to Ruby. "Don't care, now go on." Aasim huffs in protest before stomping over to Ruby. Everyone watches them talk for a moment before Ruby sends a hard smack across Aasim's face. He walks back rubbing his cheek as the rest of the group breaks into laughter. The game continued on, people either answering embarrassing questions or doing embarrassing dares. Tenn ended up marking Violet for her language on several accounts. The cards draw, Violet ends up with the highest, and me with the lowest. Violet smirks and I mentally curse at myself wondering what evil plan Violet had. "Alright Clem, truth or dare?" She asks confidently, I choose truth in hopes of avoiding her evil plan. But I only seem to have walked right into it as Violet's grin gets worse at my choice. "Top or bottom?" She asks, before noticing the look AJ was giving her. "For um, bunk beds." She adds with a wink, Louis rolls his eyes and Aasim starts to chuckle. I could feel the blush spreading across my face, I walked right into her trap. "Um, I don't know. Both I guess?" I say slightly unsure, not like I had much experience to go off of. But I do know I'd feel bad only being on the receiving end and not returning anything, especially with a girl and not a guy.
     Aasim seems surprised while Louis just smirks. "Who would've thought Clem was a switch." He teases, I elbow him to shut him up before AJ starts to catch on. Violet leans over towards me during the commotion. "I'll keep that in mind for later." She whispers loud enough for only me to hear, only making the blush on my face worse. "I know what you guys are talking about." AJ finally speaks up, I freeze and look over at him shocked. "You do?" AJ nods and crosses his arms. "You're talking about kissing stuff, gross." He mumbles, I sigh in relief. Thank god AJ is as naive as I was. I still look back and cringe at my lack of knowledge during the conversation about Luke and Jane. "Moving on." I say trying to change the subject. The game continues, I actually ended up learning a lot about everyone. How Tenn hoped one day the walkers would be gone, like another passing age of time, Aasim's crush on Ruby and how I only made it worse, and Louis' personal love for Reese's cups and how he hopes to find one someday. We draw once again, Louis coming out on stop as I mentally curse at the two of hearts in my hand. "Well Clementine, since you've been so rude to our buddy Aasim here. I dare you to, kiss whoever you find most attractive in the group. On the lips!" Louis says with a smirk, I felt my face go pale.
     Violet and I hadn't told anyone yet about our relationship, I knew Louis might know but I didn't expect him to do something like this. It's not like I couldn't kiss Violet, it was just embarrassing to think of everyone watching while I did. "I- um.."