Chapter 14: It's Your Choice

Sorry I've made you guys wait so long for this chapter, but I wanted it to be absolutely perfect and now it finally is!

So buckle up guys, this chapter is gonna be a long one. And if you're not crying by the end of it, I'm gonna personally reward you with your very own Beet-Nick! Please get that reference lol.

Violet's POV
We were halfway through the hull of the boat, Clem had already managed to take out the majority of the guards we ran into. It actually feels like we'll be able to pull this off without anymore casualties. Willy takes the bomb and puts it into the engine, turning back to Clem with a thumbs up. "Okay, now to find where they're keeping our friends." Clem whispers back, scanning the metal ceiling above her. "I'll go up first, you guys follow close behind." She says as she begins walking up the stairs, we hid behind a stack of boxes, noticing some cheaply welded together cell doors with Minnie guarding them. "Figures of all the people to be guarding the cell doors." I say with a frustrated tone.

Clem didn't seem phased, her eyes scanning the room around us as she thinks of a plan. I always loved when she got like this, when she was so determined and focused. Clem looks at Minerva for a moment before sighing. "Let's hope this isn't the dumbest thing I'll ever do." She quickly gets out of cover, holding her pistol up and aiming it at Minerva. I look at her shocked, not expecting her to take such a bold route. Minerva looks at Clem and myself shocked. "What the hell are you doing here? If Lilly finds you here.." She says, her voice trailing off. "Cut the crap, it's not like you care if she finds us." I say as I hold my knife in front of me defensively. Minerva looks at me with a pissed off look. "Of course I care, why do you think I came back here? I was going to release your friends when Lilly's guard was down and now you fucked that plan over." She snaps, pointing in the direction of the cells. "Wait, so you didn't betray us?" I ask confused, there's no way not after what Willy said. "No I didn't betray you. Why the fuck would I side with Lilly she fucking killed my sister." Minerva says defensively, dropping her crossbow to the floor and getting on her knees. "Believe me or don't, I don't fucking care. Just take your friends and go." She says motioning back to the cells. Clem wouldn't lower the gun, she seemed hesitant, and I honestly couldn't blame her. I rush over to the cell door, going to open it when I heard a loud thud behind me. I turn to see Clementine, AJ, and Willy all getting knocked out cold by some goons. I reach for my knife in a panic but Minerva beats me to it and pins my hands to the wall behind me.

"Honestly Vi how are you still this gullible? I swear the girl is dragging you down with the rest of them. If only you'd come with me, I'd hate for her recklessness to get you killed." She says, I ignore her and try to knee her stomach. She moves out of the way and punches my gut, sending me falling to the floor. "Guess it's going to take a little more convincing." She says before sending the butt of her crossbow down onto my head. My vision was blurry as I hit the floor, slowly slipping out of consciousness.

~*~

I woke up dazed, looking around the small cell to see AJ on the other side still unconscious. As soon as I regained my vision I sat up looking around in a panic. "Clem? Clem?!" I stand up and run to the cell door looking around trying to see her. "Clementine?!" I shout, only hearing a laugh from down the hallway. "Will you relax? She's right there." Minerva says as she comes into view, pointing to the floor of the cell across from me where Clementine was knocked out cold. I shot her a glare and kicked the cell door. "You fucking bitch!" I snap, if Clementine was hurt I swear to god I'm gonna rip her tongue out.

"You seem to really care about this girl, what was it you said again? 'No matter what, I'm always gonna choose her. Even over myself I'd choose her?' Well I'd love to put that to the test." She smirks as she leans on the wall beside the cell door, looking into my eyes. "What are you talking about?" I ask hesitantly, I could feel the lingering feeling of fear in my stomach. Minerva is not the type to bargain, and I can't seem to figure out what she is planning. "Very simple really, you stay and I'll let her go. Lilly wants to keep her as a soldier but to me she is just dead weight, it would be a shame if I were to accidentally shoot an arrow right through her eye on her first day of training. Of course this all could be avoided if if were you there with me instead. You agree to stay, to not try to run or fight it, and I'll let them all go. It'll be just you and me like it was before the world turned to hell." She says with a sinister smirk. I looked at her with shock and rage, there was no way I'd go with her! My gaze shifts over to Clem on the ground and I hesitate, what if she did hurt her? I can't protect her when I'm surrounded by psychos with guns. "I see you need some time to think on it, but the clock is ticking. When this boat departs, she is getting left behind. It's your choice whether she is getting left behind alive or dead." She says before walking off laughing.