Authors Note *(please read before continuing)*

Hi there! It's me, the Artist Sylveon back at it again with another fic! This time it's a Dimileth fic about what would happen if Byleth didn't disappear at the battle of Garreg Mach and there wasn't much of a time skip.

The basis of this based off of these "What if Disney" books that take a Disney movie and twist an event. I love those books (I highly suggest As Old as Time, A Whole New World, and Reflection, those are really good.) and wanted to make one off of 3 Houses. I even used lyrics from the main song in the title. (A Force I Can't Run From is one of the lyrics from The Edge of Dawn.)

Dimileth is one of my ultimate OTP's and this isn't the only book I have in the works staring them! I also have a Blue Lions one shot book in the works that I'll post random short stories featuring the Blue Lions later. 

Anyways, the basic synopsis of this is that Byleth doesn't fall down the chasm and into a coma for 5 years and instead is rescued by Dimitri. So they escape to the Kingdom to regroup. In the process, Dimitri and Byleth get married because A) they clearly have crushes on each other and are legally adults, B) Dimitri kinda needs a way to give the Kingdom more stability, and C) I just love this ship so much. After the wedding/coronation, they get framed for Rufus' murder and sent to exile much like in the game. They then spend about a year in exile before wandering over to the monastery, send a message out to their fellow Blue Lions that they survived, and to get their war plan sorted out.

Also Dimitri won't be 100% feral. There will be some feral moments, but because Byleth is with him the whole time, he won't go full blown boar mode. The students not in the Blue Lions will either be recruited, spared, or just in the background, however, some will have to die to keep the story going. I'm so sorry. :( The following students that are recruited are: Bernadetta, Dorothea, Petra, Ferdinand, Ignatz, Marianne, and Lysithea. I won't spoil who will join later or be killed though, but just know the ones above are safe.  All of the characters are on the church's side during the battle of Garreg Mach too. Also, all the church staff joins the Kingdom.

Background ships are included too. This will also feature Annette x Felix, Mercedes x Sylvain, Ashe x Dedue, Marianne x Ignatz, Ferdinand x Bernadetta, etc. Feel free to request any other ships with characters not mentioned above and I might be able to include them. :)

As for updates, it will probably be slow since I have other projects and high school is hard.

Anyways, I hope you guys will enjoy this story! 

Cover art made by me!

~ Sylvie 🌸