IMPORTANT

Hey, guys. Sorry, this isn't an update. I've been trying to write the next chapter. I really, really tried. But, every single time I look at what little I have of Chapter 11, I just can't do it. Now, for those of you who aren't following me, you wouldn't have gotten an announcement that I sent out on my profile. I'll simply reiterate what I've said there on here, just so you know what's going on. ↓

________________

I'm going to be honest here. I have not been doing the best lately. It's nothing serious, I don't think, and I don't want to get too much into details. To keep it simple and not so personal, let's just say that memories I've been wanting to forget have been resurfacing, and I've realised a few ugly things about my past in retrospect. I'm gonna blame this new development on isolation because, I mean, what can you really do when you're bored and have nothing else to keep yourself busy?

It's not so bad, though. Now that I've had the time alone to reflect on everything I've gone through, I was able to open up about myself to people I really care about and kind of strengthen the bond that was damaged due to unfortunate circumstances. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that it's not a bad thing that this has happened, and I've realised that I've been hiding from my past rather than facing it and moving on with my life. I understand now that the mentality I lived by is damaging, and I've been trying to get better. The point is that I've been going through some deep stuff, and I've been put in a new perspective that I'm still trying to understand.

This, of course, has affected my thoughts on my writing. I don't exactly know what it is, but I feel like I've gotten a deeper appreciation for reading and the art of storytelling. I guess I've realised that books are likely the reason that I've been able to cope so well with reality.

Now, I love the world I created, and I'm glad so many people feel the same way (seriously, I still can't believe SCA got over 100k views. Thank you!). But, I know it's not perfect, and quite frankly, I don't think it's that good. Readers will already know that I don't feel the greatest about my stories. This doesn't mean that I will abandon PH. I want to finish it. I really do.

But, it's simply not working for me right now. I had a spur of motivation for my last update, and I know where the story is going. I just can't bring myself to actually write the damn thing. I guess, my passion for it has dwindled.

I've also been thinking of new stories to tell, and I want to experiment with different styles of writing, to play with elements of writing to show how much I truly appreciate the art. To do this, I feel like I need to read things I typically stay away from. What I'm trying to say is that I have decided to take a break from writing and focus more on reading. Amidst all the writing I've done, sharing my worlds and characters with everyone, I feel as if I've lost that spark with reading, and in turn, writing. I've been too focused on being a writer and maybe a little too concerned about the number of views/votes/comments instead of remembering why I began to write in the first place. For fun, as an escape, to create fictional people I can relate to. I don't even want to get published. Not really.

This resurfacing of my darkest memories has also reminded me of why I loved reading and how much literature means to me. I was reminded of that nostalgic spark I had with books: the countless friends I made solely because of our mutual love for a series and all the joy I felt by simply analysing poems and the classics during my literature classes (yes, I was *that* kid; like I legit had a crush on Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities lol). Okay, we're getting off track. Basically, I want to rekindle my love for reading. I want to actually read a book and say I loved it rather than parade around saying how much I love books when I haven't touched one in months. At the same time, I'll be absorbing new styles and reading with the lens of a writer, analysing why an author chose a specific word and why a certain passage works while others don't.

Think of it as a writing hiatus. I'm not leaving Wattpad. I simply won't be writing for a while. I'll still be active on this site, just not updating unless I've been able to write something I want to share. I might even continue my Salty Reviews because that gives me the opportunity to read more books and analyse them the way I usually do, but that depends on how motivated I am to be critical versus reading to bask in beautiful prose. Mostly, I guess, I'll finally get around to reading all the books I've stocked up on my reading lists and checking out books from my local library. I don't know how long my hiatus will last, and I have no idea if I'll ever finish the Phantom Hunters series. But, for right now, I think this is the best course of action. I hope you understand.

That went on for a lot longer than I expected. Thank you if you've read this far and for all the support I've been getting!

TL;DR - I'm taking a break from writing, but I'll still be active on Wattpad.
________________

I know I said I might update more frequently, but that's not going to happen. I'm sorry to all you people who are waiting to know what happens next. Considering how long it'll likely take for me to get back into writing this book, I won't blame you if you decide to give up on reading this series. I mean, you'll probably forget everything by the time the next update comes out lol.

Still, I truly do appreciate every single one of you who have read up to my second book. Thank you all so very much. I've had a blast reading all your comments and growing as a writer and finding the confidence to share my writing with the world. I really couldn't have gotten this far without you. So, thank you. ❤

Hopefully, I'll find the passion I had for this world and start writing again. But until then, this is going to be it. It's a bit sad, maybe a bit annoying because there are so many secrets that still need to be revealed, but it is what it is, I guess. That's all for now. Stay safe and healthy, and do what makes you happy. :)