At The Forest Spring

I am Rosalind Stanley, daughter of the Marquis of the Arch region. I was once a normal high school girl, until I was reincarnated as a villainess in the world of the Otome game, “Rose of the Battlefield”.

To avoid my destruction end, I thought to set-up my brother, Randolph, and the heroine, Eugenie… but I became Eugenie’s lover instead!

Of course, I am a woman and Eugenie is, also. On top of being the same sex, I will be married next year to Prince Glenn, the second prince of Amelia.

Despite that, we confessed our feelings to each other and vowed to love each other as long as time allowed.

“I heard the news, Lady Rosalind,” Eugenie said. “Did you win the latest fighting tournament? Congratulations!”

It was Sunday, I and Eugenie were heading to the spring in the depths of the forest by my family home. Today, we’re riding Neptune, my favorite horse.

“Thank you,” I said. “I finally won the young men’s bracket.”

“All your opponents were 15 to 25, and you were the only woman… it’s amazing how you still won the championship, my Lady!”

“Fufu… thank you. But can you please stop calling me ‘Lady’?”

“Ah… sorry.”

“We have become lovers, after all.”

Eugenie laughed shyly as I said it. Kuu… she’s so cute!

I see the spring just up ahead. “Let’s ride, Genie!” I cry.

Ever since the start of this relationship, I’ve been calling Eugenie by that nickname. However, Genie still uses honorifics. I suppose it can’t be helped considering the difference in our statuses, but I still want her to treat me more casually.

“Uuhh-huu, we’ve arrived, Lady Rosalind,” Genie mutters.

“Huh?” I ask.

“… Uhhh, after all, that was scary!”

“Wait, what? That shouldn’t have been scary for you at all! You’re a natural now!”

“… Am I?”

“Yes!”

She was lying. Even now, with a bright red face, she stares up at me with teary eyes. Oh, she’s cute, so cute, I want to tease her so badly! But no, none of that. Shortly after, Genie drops the act.

“We don’t have to rush, but I’m happy if you can treat me so roughly,” Genie says.

“A-Ah…” I mutter.

“Now, let’s start this picnic!” she says.

We get off Neptune and begin setting up. I brewed tea in a pot, while Jenny brought sweets fruits to go along with it.

“Well…?” Genie asks.

“Yes, it’s quite delicious.”

“Hooray!” Genie cried. “I made it based on the fruit cake recipe that Ms. Aira gave me.”

Aira, who was my exclusive maid until a few months ago when she ran away with someone—specifically, Samuel, son of the prime minister of Valhalla. It was all thanks to my scheming, but of course, no one except me knows that.

“Ms. Aira, are you doing well?” Genie asks.

“She ran away with someone she loves,” I said. “She’ll be happy no matter wherever she goes.”

“… Yeah, you’re right,” Genie said. With the people you love by your side, you’ll have the courage to face anything.”

“W-Well, when you put it like that…” I stammer.