Chapter 27

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so happy to see that in 2 days, I've gained over 300 new reads... almost 2000 total =) I never though I would have this many people interested in my story. Well, for this chapter, it's all in Alex's P.O.V., and I had such a fun time writing this chapter; I think you guys will get a kick out of it too. I'll let you get to it then. OH, and I'll dedicate the next chapter to the first person to name the song reference in this chapter =) ---Ekat

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            Well, I was released from the hospital this morning. Everything checked out alright. The only thing the doctor told me was that I had to make sure to get plenty of bed rest, and to avoid stress as much as possible. Yeah, okay… avoid stress while being crammed on a bus with One Direction. I’ll let you how that goes. Before we left, the doctor wanted to check Niall out again, to make sure that he was doing better. He ran a few tests before coming back into the room. He asked for Liam and I to join him in the hallway. Niall didn’t notice because he was scarfing down a bag of crisps. I rolled my eyes before entering the hallway.

            “The only reason I’m talking to the two of you is because I know that you two are the responsible ones of the group,” the doctor began. “My daughter is a fan, so I know that Liam is considered “Daddy Direction”, and rumors have been spread about you being “Mommy Direction”.”

            I blushed looking to the floor. Yeah, I blushed at word “Mommy”. Pretty soon, that would be my title. I felt warm on the inside, while gaining goose-bumps on the outside. I looked back at the doctor to urge him to continue.

            “Well, Mr. Horan is getting better,” the doctor said. Why do I have a bad feeling that there’s more to come? “But he’s not getting better at the pace that I was hoping for. Granted, I know it’s only been a day, but I want to try something. I know that he’s known as the big eater in the group, which is the other reason I wanted to talk to you two. My staff have told me that you guys are on tour, and at the rate of Mr. Horan’s recovery, he would have to miss a few shows. However, we can avoid that by following a few simple tips.”

            “Great, you had me worried for a minute,” I said letting out a sigh of relief. “What does he have to do?”

            “All Mr. Horan has to do is go on a diet for a week, and he’ll be all better for the concert next week,” he said. If it was physically possible for my jaw to drop to the floor, it would have. I can’t believe the words just came out of his mouth. Niall going on a diet? That’s like asking for world peace: impossible. I looked over to Liam, who was trying to hold back a laugh.

            “What’s so funny?” I asked him furrowing my eyebrows together.

            “Well, I was just thinking about how Niall’s going to react to this,” Liam started. “This is going to be the perfect chance for you to show off those mothering skills.”

            He was laughing his ass off at this point, and I mentally face-palmed. “Oh, don’t think I’m doing this alone Payne; your hands are in this too.”

            He looked up with widened eyes as though I told him something traumatic had happened. “But Lexi, that’s not fair. He’s your boyfriend; why do I have to suffer?”

            “Aww, Liam, I thought you knew me by know,” I said in a voice with fake sympathy. “If I’m going down, I’m dragging as many people as I can with me. Besides, I already have one baby to take care of; I’m going to need help with the bigger baby.”