Chapter 12

Kakashis pov

Two days have passed since Naruto was released from the hospital. Tsunade told me that she saw hope in Narutos eyes when they went to the ramen shop. It was after all the place that brought him joy.

But today there was no joy in his eyes. There he stood looking at himself in the mirror, his hands in the pockets of his suit for today was the day of Jiraiya's funeral.

"Naruto. Are you ready," I ask, putting my hand on his shoulder. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head slowly.

We walk out of his house with him grabbing my sleeve while his head was down.

Time skip

Sniffles were heard every now and then coming from every corner of the room. Everyone dressed in black, tissue in hand. As Tsunade stepped up to a podium, everyone quieted down.

"Thank you for coming everyone. Jiraiya was a loved man. He was a legendary man. On a mission to help children in the hidden rain village, he was crushed by an rock slide. People spent days retrieving his body from the rumble just so we could have a body to show. This shows how much he was loved by the people. How dearly missed this man will be. It doesn't matter if he was a perv or if he was stubborn. He was the Jiraiya we all knew and loved, so please, come say your goodbyes as we let his soul rest in peace.

Everyone stood up forming a line to his casket. Flowers were left along with pieces of paper for his next novel.

Soon everyone had said their goodbyes and all that was left was an empty room and a certain blond boy. He stood there, staring at Jiraiyas face. "Pervy Sage" he said barely over a whisper.

Narutos POV

Everyone had left and I was the only one who stood in the room. "Pervy Sage" I whispered. Slowly, I raised my hand to touch his check but soon retracted it as it was stone cold and harder than it should be.

Tears prickled at my eyes everything thats happened flashes before my eyes.

The abuse

The pain

The loneliness

The tears now falling endlessly as I remember everything. I feel the lump in my throat gaining power. I try to hold back the sobs but I'm defeated. It feels as though the weight of the world has come crashing down on my shoulders.

My knees can no longer hold my weight. My breaths come in at a fast pace but short breaths. "Please come back. everyones left me Jiraiya please don't leave me to. My hands start to pull at my hair, not knowing what to do with them.

My heart was pounding, feeling as if it could burst any second. I couldn't breathe. Black spots start to cover my vision as I slowly accepted the darkness.

Its dark. I stand up and look in every direction only to see darkness. Well that was until I saw a figure emerge. The outlines looked like a porcupine but as the figure walked closer I could make out who it was.

"Jiraiya?" I whispered, wanting to believe it. "Hey kid". I run and jump into his arms, tears spilling from my eyes. I hugged him as hard as I could not wanting Jiraiya to leave me once again.

Jirayia was the first one to let go despite my wanting. "Kid, I want you to listen to me." He says crouching down to my level. "I'm always gonna be here for you ok. You might not be able to see me or feel me but I need you to know that I'm there. I'm sorry that we went gonna get to go to anymore hot springs together and look at the sexy ladies or that I'm not gonna be there to give you advice when you become the future hokage or train anymore but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be there at all. I'm sorry kid.

Narutos eyes filled with tears of both sadness and anger. No, no, NO. YOU DON'T GET TO JUST UP AND LEAVE ME!  YOU ARE ALL I HAVE LEFT AND I THOUGHT YOU CARED BUT NO, CLEARLY YOU DONT BECAUSE YOU DIED! You- you d-died. Narutos voice started to quiver as he feel to the ground from the weight of the words he just said. "Naruto, look at me." Narutos year filled eyes traveled up to meet his mentors gaze.
"I love you like you are my own son. I have always and will continue on loving you. Don't forget that.
Jirayia leaned in for a hug and Naruto returned it as his eyes could no longer hold the tear building up in his eyes. "I love you too" is the what Naruto said as the darkness slowly faded away as well as his mentor.

"Naruto?"
I slowly open my eyes to find I am once again in the hospital.
" Naruto are you ok. You were passed out on the ground after the funeral." Lady Tsunade says to me as I sit up to look out the window of the hospital room.
"Don't worry. I'm fine" I say, meaning it with all my heart as I smiled my first real smile I have ever smiled in a long time.

Sorry y'all wasted y'all's time on reading this crappy story. Ummm hope you enjoyed.
Peace✌️