Chapter 7

James POV

        Once we got up the wall safely, there was a horrifying machine sitting right in front of us. It had long pointy metal tenticals with lazers on the ends.

       "What...... What is that.....that THING!" Lo said. "Well why don't we find out," Nichole said as she cautiously tiptoed to the enormous creation.

         Ugh she makes me so mad. Always trying to be the one to save the day. I don't really know what we are doing here but if the reason is for some survival test I would think of myself as the leader not her.

        I couldn't take it anymore! I ran up to the machine before Nicole got there, and on my way I hit a button. I look back and next thing I know I'm on my face.

        Two people grab me by the arms it's Lo and Darwin, once I'm up I'm kind of afraid to look up at my group of friends. But when I do almost instantly I feel the pain of a hand whipping across my face. I knew who that was.

          "What in the world were you thinking!" Nichole screamed, "You easily could have activated something." She raised her hand ready to slap me again but she stopped because the machine behind her hummed to life.

           She looked up and all the color drained out of her face. "Guys............ Don't make any sudden moves." Nicole wispered, "Now we are all going to run when I count to three. One......... Two.............. THREE! GO GO GO!"

            Darwin and Lo let go of me and we all dashed away. We all started out fine when Noel tripped.