Chapter 4

Lisa wasn't sure what she was expecting, but it certainly wasn't the utter pandemonium that greeted her as the doors opened, several people flying past her carrying large reams of what looked like press packets. Dodging out of their way, she looked around, trying to spot the man the reception clerk had mentioned, but couldn't. After a few more seconds of searching, she spotted a harassed-looking woman with a name badge, and walked over to her.

"Er, hi, my name is Lisa Manoban and I'm here to s-" she started.

"Which publication are you from?" the woman interrupted. Lisa looked at the name badge, which said the woman's name was Jess, and shook her head.

"Publication?"

"Yeeeees, for the cast interviews," Jess elaborated, ticking Lisa's name off on the list on her clipboard.

"Cast interviews?" Lisa squawked. Jess huffed out an impatient breath, and Lisa cast her mind around quickly. On the sofa at home was... "YG Magazine," Lisa laughed, trying to pass off her confusion as humorously as possible. Jess stared at her, seemingly unimpressed.

"Right," she said, drawing out the vowel. "Here's your press pack. You'll be interviewing four of the cast: Taemin Lee, Ella with her mother's supervision, Lucas, and Jennie Kim. In that order, no exceptions." With that, Jess walked off down the corridor, and Lisa quickly followed her, sensing that this Jess was really at the end of her tether already. Jess led her into a beautifully-furnished room with the actors sat around the edges, each with someone in front of them. She looked around for Jennie, and didn't notice Jess stopping in front of her, with the result that Lisa crashed right into her, dropping her phone and press pack on the floor, and getting showered by Jess' paperwork.

Jess mumbled something that sounded very much like don't pay me enough for this shit before gathering everything off the floor and pointing her towards Taemin, who was now looking at Lisa expectantly. Jess shoved the press pack into Lisa's chest and pushed her towards Taemin, stating, "you've got five minutes with each, and ten with Miss Kim. Stick to it, as there are people coming behind you."

Lisa stumbled towards Taemin, who looked amused as he stood up and held his hand out for her to shake. As she reached him and shook his hand, she glanced down at the press pack and saw the name of the film splashed across it: The Vehemence. She'd never heard of it.

"Hello," she said awkwardly to Taemin, as she thumped down into the armchair opposite him.

"Hi," he replied. "Um, aren't you going to record this?"

"Oh!" Lisa exclaimed, jumping. She fished her phone out of her pocket, cursing the rainbow unicorns splashed all over it as she set it to record and put it down on the table between them. "So... um. Hi! You must be... happy to be working on this film? What did you really like the most about shooting it?"

"I enjoyed riding all the horses," Taemin stated. "They let me do my own riding. That was an aspect to shooting that I hadn't expected."

"Great! Um... did you- er, did you have a favorite horse?" Lisa burst out. Taemin stared at her, looking confused. "You know, did they have names and stuff and," Lisa forged on, feeling ridiculous, "did you want to adopt any of them after shooting ended?"

A ghost of a smile passed over Taemin's face. "I live on the top floor of an apartment block in L.A. I'm not quite sure where I would keep a horse. I'm not sure I could fit it in the elevator."

"Oh, right." Lisa mumbled. This was going to be a long afternoon.

-----