Chapter 10

The next morning, a Tuesday, Lisa woke up on her back. During the night, they had reversed positions. Dimly, she realized that her head wasn't resting on her pillow. She didn't usually sleep on her back, and her muscles protested at the awkward position that they must've held for longer than she was used to. However, when she risked a look downwards, she found that she had no desire to move at all.

Jennie was sprawled across the bed. Lisa herself had her head in the top corner, her pillow missing. Jennie had her head in that space between her shoulder and her chest, and Lisa's arm was wrapped around her shoulders. The rest of Jennie's body was spread out in the space where Lisa's body would usually have been; the only part of Jennie that was touching Lisa was her head and one of her arms, slung across her waist, under her pajama top, gripping her hip gently in her sleep. The rest of her was starfished, and she was lying on her front. It looked extremely uncomfortable, but Jennie was evidently not aware of it. She was snoring gently against Lisa's chest, her fingers occasionally tightening and releasing Lisa's hip.

Lisa reached blindly behind her to grab her cell to check the time, and discovered that she still had an hour to go before her alarm went off. She shuffled down the bed a little more, smiling at Jennie's groan of protest, and pulled her against her chest. Jennie wrapped herself around her like a koala without waking up, and continued snoring quietly.

Dark hair tickled her nose as she breathed in, and she still didn't feel as comfortable as she could do, but when she felt the call of sleep, Lisa succumbed, surrounded by warmth, contentment, and Jennie.

-----

When her alarm went off a little later, Lisa turned it off and blearily opened her eyes. She found Jennie idly drawing shapes on her waist with her fingertips. When Lisa let out a jaw-cracking yawn, she felt, rather than heard, Jennie chuckling, before she splayed her hand directly over Lisa's abdomen and all of a sudden, she was definitely very awake.

She reached over and ran her hand down Jennie's hair, which was mussed from sleep, and Jennie looked up at her, her sleepy eyes soft.

"Good morning," she murmured, a tired smile on her face.

"Hi," Lisa replied, sitting up slightly and bringing Jennie up with her, before kissing Jennie gently, both of them smiling into it. "I wish we could stay in bed and cuddle, but unfortunately, duty calls."

"You've got to go to work? What time is it?" Jennie looked around for her cell, looking slightly bemused as to why they were a lot further down the bed than they would ordinarily be.

Lisa noticed her confusion, and laughed. "Don't look at me, you brought us down here in the night," Lisa said, loving the way Jennie's nose scrunched at the information. "And it's 7:15am. I have to go in slightly earlier today because I didn't do the stock order yesterday. Do you want to stay here?"

"No, no I'll – I'll come with you, if you don't mind? I don't want to get cabin fever, and I'd like to see more of the place you work."

No, Lisa didn't mind at all, but she foresaw a slight problem. "Jennie," she started, the dark-haired woman looking up at the sound of her name. "This may seem like a strange question, but... do you have any clothes? I mean, under- um, underwear and stuff?"

Jennie stared at her in tired confusion before starting to laugh. "Lisa. Did you really think I'd brought nothing with me? I did have a backpack with me when I arrived."

"Sure, but... what was in it?"

"Underwear!"

"What, just a bag of underwear and nothing else?" Lisa asked incredulously.