chapter two.

A couple days had passed since that first encounter and (Y/n) could tell that Dazai was already giving Kunikida gray hairs, which is impressive since Kunikida was also only twenty. In the meantime of Kunikida basically babysitting the new recruit, (Y/n) had grown to like Dazai despite his clear love of suicide and man-child demeanor, at least according to Kunikida. She wasn't quite sure of her feelings, but she could tell that he was someone she would like to work with... hopefully.

After work one day, Dazai had asked to join him in a trip to the pub, but she declined. "I'd love to join you but," she rubbed the back of her neck, her nails scratching her nape, "I'm not much of a drinker."

Dazai tilted his head slightly, further inquiring on the information, "Is there a particular reason or do you just not like alcohol?"

Alcohol's been ruined for me after that club incident. Seeing all those drunk people just didn't do it for me. Besides, if I get drunk, who knows what'll happen? I don't want what happened last time to happen again if I'm not at 100%.

"Alcohol's just hasn't been my thing," she simply told him, Dazai seeming to accept that answer. "Just don't get ridiculously drunk, okay?"

He gave her a mischievous smirk. "I can't promise anything."

(Y/n) walked down the street from the Armed Detective Agency after her shift ended, parting ways with Dazai and Kunikida

(Y/n) walked down the street from the Armed Detective Agency after her shift ended, parting ways with Dazai and Kunikida. She had on a backpack over her (f/c) raincoat, only the top few buttons closed as the bottom part was open, draping almost to her knees and revealing her black shorts.

Her matching rainboots hit the ground, making a slight squeaking noise despite the sidewalk being almost completely dry. She made her way to the gym a couple blocks away, going in and greeting the person at the front desk briefly and going straight back to the locker room.

She changed into a gray t-shirt with leggings, pulling off her rainboots and putting on some sneakers. She grabbed her white hand wraps and her water bottle from her bag, tucking it under her arm after putting her bag in a locker. She wrapped her hands while walking out of the locker room, going directly to the boxing rink as she met up with an old friend.

"Hey Hinami," she greeted the blonde, giving her a small wave after finishing her wrap. "Ready to spar?"

Hinami looked up from her phone, throwing it on the side of the rink as she gave (Y/n) a small smile. "Only if you are!"

Hinami was a young woman, around (Y/n)'s age or possibly a year older. She was petite, but she made up for her small stature with her pure strength. Despite not looking very strong, she could easily throw a fully grown man across a room with ease. The problem was she had a slight problem controlling her strength, often not able to channel into actual fighting moves.

On the other hand, (Y/n) wasn't very strong, but she made up for it with her flexibility and technique. Although she had a problem carrying larger objects, she could paralyze a fully grown man with a couple well-placed punches or straight up knock them out.