epilogue.

"(Y/n)!" Hinami greeted her as she walked into the gym, waving her down as she walked away from one of the punching bags. "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the day, don't you have work?"

(Y/n) returned the wave, walking over to her as she had the duffle bag over her shoulder. She answered, "No, I'm taking a bit of a break from work."

"Oh? Did you and your coworker have another fight?" Hinami leaned in, cracking her knuckles. "Did you really let him have it?"

(Y/n) shook her head. "No, we made up. But I decided that I needed some time away from the agency so I can focus on myself and what I want."

"Oh." Hinami actually looked disappointed at the news, resting her hands at her sides. "Well okay then."

Is she sad I didn't break Kunikida's nose? (Y/n) thought, holding back her laughter at her friend's silly reason for being upset.

"Well since you're here," Hinami pointed to the empty ring, "would you like to go a few rounds? I think I finally figured out a new technique and was hoping to try it out on you."

(Y/n) nodded walking over to the ring and setting her bag on the edge, already dressed in gym attire. She pulled off the crewneck, throwing it onto the bag as it revealed her light blue tank-top.

Hinami got into the ring, bouncing on her toes as she waited for (Y/n) to be ready. (Y/n) laughed a little, climbing into the ring as she said, "Calm down, twinkle toes. I'm coming as fast as I can—"

She was cut off when Hinami grabbed her wrist once she got into the ring, throwing her to the ground in an instant and pining her down. (Y/n) let out a groan as Hinami giggled, stating, "See! I knew it would work!"

"That was a dirty move, Hinami," (Y/n) snickered, her cheek pressed against the ground as she looked up at the petite fighter. "But it won't last long..."

With that, (Y/n) easily got out of the hold, throwing Hinami to the side as if she were a pillow of some sort. Hinami groaned, complaining, "Aw man, I really thought I had you this time."

(Y/n) laughed, resting her hands on her hips as she quipped, "Better luck next time."

"Let's go again!" Hinami declared, standing up as she got into a fighter's stance. "Bring it on, (Y/n)!"

(Y/n) held up her fists, getting into a fighter's stance as well. "Okay. Bring it."

Sixteen times

Sixteen times.

(Y/n) had managed to beat or pin down Hinami sixteen times.

"Oh come on!" Hinami groaned, her face pressed against the floor as (Y/n) sat on her back. "How are you so damn good at this? I can literally pick you up with one hand."

"I bet you could." (Y/n) pressed her thumb on a nerve in Hinami's right arm. "But when I do this, you can't even move it. Once I let go, you'll have full mobility."