chapter twenty-two.

(Y/n) stood in the room, standing in front of the couch as her wet clothes laid in the bathroom. Chuuya was elsewhere, probably getting a dry change of clothes as well. She had been given a small black case, filled with some dry clothes as hers were still soaking wet with the slight stench of blood.

I don't even know how to process what happened back there, she thought as she laid the case on the couch, opening it up to reveal a new set of dry clothes inside of it. It felt like there was something within me telling me to stay, to just leave everything behind and run away with Chuuya. But why the hell would I do that?

She pulled out a white dress shirt, slipping it on over her bra and still warm bare skin. She continued to think as she buttoned up the shirt, I've got so much going on for me back at the agency. I have a great job with Kunikida as my partner—

She stopped as she reached the bottom of her shirt, memories of her and Kunikida's fight flashing through her head. She grew angry, clenching her fists as she grew tempted to punch the wall in front of her, picturing it as Kunikida's face.

(Y/n) let out a shaky breath, pulling out the black skirt that laid in the case and slipping it on over her bare legs. She thought as she adjusted it, But what if Kunikida no longer respects me? What's the point of having a partner that doesn't actually listen to you when they ask for your assistance? I wonder what happened to Sasaki after all...

She reached into the case, pulling out a pair of black stockings. She sat on the couch, pushing the case to the side as she unrolled them and prepared to slip them on.

That was when the door opened, Chuuya walking in with a dry outfit. He stopped, seeing (Y/n) about to slip on the stockings. He cleared his throat, looking away as his face began to grow red. "Sorry, I should've knocked. I thought you were finished..."

(Y/n) grew slightly confused, questioning why he was so flustered by just walking in on her putting on a pair of stockings. That was when she looked down, noticing that her panties were very visible in the position she was sitting in.

She immediately pressed her legs together, scooching to the side as she felt her face heat up. If one were to put an egg on her face, it probably could've been cooked sunny-side-up.

She muttered quietly, "It's fine. Just give me a minute."

(Y/n) then pulled on the stockings, noticing out of the corner of her eye Chuuya watching ever so slightly in his turned position. She swallowed the lump in her throat, pulling them over her knees and crossing her legs as she turned back towards Chuuya.

"Is... Is there something you need?" she asked, grabbing her rainboots and pulling them towards her, ignoring the pair of flats already in the case she had been provided. "Is there a reason you barged in on me in the middle of getting dressed, Chuuya?"

"I thought you were done," he repeated, turning towards her and clearing his throat. He walked over to her, standing in front of her as she slid on the rainboots. He asked, "Why don't you wear the shoes that came with the outfit? Aren't those rainboots uncomfortable?"

"Nope." She shook her head, looking up to him after she got them on. "I'm used to these and I wouldn't want to have to worry about carrying them around everywhere."

Chuuya shook his head, not pressing the matter further as he sat next to her. She grabbed the rain jacket that had been neatly folded on the armrest next to her, pulling it on as she moved her hair out of the way.

As she combed through her hair with her fingers, Chuuya asked her, "Have you thought about my offer? Or would you like a bit more time?"

"I'm not quite sure yet," she told him, pulling her hair into a ponytail and tying it up. "I might need a little bit more time."