chapter six.

"Ta-daa!" Dazai stopped abruptly as they arrived at their destination. "Here we are, safe and sound!"

"Never again..." Kunikida panted, tightly gripping onto (Y/n) as she held onto his arms. "I'm never going to let you drive... ever again...!"

"Aw come on!" Dazai opened his door, jumping out and feeling great. He then swung the back door open, revealing the terrified duo. Dazai's glee turned to a sort of pout. "Oh, so I don't get to flirt with (Y/n), yet you get to clutch onto her for dear life."

Kunikida promptly let (Y/n) go, and she him. She rolled onto the floor of the car as Kunikida got out, his legs visibly shaking as he could barely stand. (Y/n) crawled out of the car, closing the door behind her as she leans her back against it. Her knees were buckling as she panted, her body completely done after that terrifying experience.

"All right, then!" Dazai turned on his heel, pointing to the old brick building, which was once a large hospital that now reeks of death and despair. "Let's get to work! I'm going to start taking things seriously just like I promised!"

(Y/n) shuffled in the gravel behind Kunikida, who looked as if he were about to fall on his face, and Dazai, who was happy and peppy. Dazai turned back slightly as they neared the broken down entrance. "This is the building in the email. By the way, Kunikida, (Y/n), are you afraid of ghosts?"

"Ghosts?" Kunikida finally caught his breath, (Y/n) staying silent as she walked towards the building entrance. "...Do you really think someone afraid of ghosts can work at the Armed Detective Agency? Guns and knives are much more of a threat than some mystical apparition."

"Good. Because this place we're investigating," Dazai turned back to the building, (Y/n) stopping before the door and quickly realizing just how creepy this place was, "it's not for the faint of heart."

Oh hell no. (Y/n) stared at the building for a hot minute, a chill running up her spine as her senses eventually returned. This place looks like it came straight from a horror movie.

She then felt a warm hand grasp hers, turning to find Dazai looking down at her with a cheeky, yet warm smile. He pulled her up the steps to the doors. "Come on, it can't be that bad inside."

The trio walked through the hospital, passing cracked hallways with empty rooms

The trio walked through the hospital, passing cracked hallways with empty rooms. The equipment that once filled the building was long gone, possibly stolen after it closed down. The wind howled from outside, creeping in through the cracks in the walls and the windows that they would be unable to close.

Kunikida dragged his feet along the dirty floors, his nerves clearly getting the best of him in the creepy location. (Y/n) was being dragged along by Dazai, who hadn't let go of her hand. He skipped past Kunikida, (Y/n) barely able to keep up with him as her rainboots slightly slid along the tiles.

"It's dark..." Kunikida complained. "I can hardly see a thing."

"But isn't that half the fun?"

(Y/n) shook her head. "No. No it is not."