Gun Powder

Here I go again. Writing yet another TS Story! I am addicted and I really don't mind.

This is for those readers that have been with me since Underneath It All. This is dedicated to you for your support.

Thank you!
--

There was an eerie silence across the field as the sun began to set. Surrounding the field was nothing but vast trees harbouring crows. They watched the figure wait patiently, judged him for stepping onto their ground but stayed hidden as they waited.

The figure below lifted his head as if he was silently praying to the sky above them. The fading sun highlighted his alabaster skin and the cut below his left eye. Their guest had been in a war and they moved closer, twisting their necks to get a better look.

As the figure opened his eyes to the sky, his mouth twisted painfully "I had it all" he croaked, his jaw flexing with anger. Bringing his hand to his mouth he shakily placed a cigarette between his lips and took a long pull.

It didn't seem to calm him as he twisted the cigarette away and flicked it across the ground, irritating the crows in the trees.

There was a disruption in the tree lines from in front of him and everyone turned to watch. A beautiful young woman dressed in a mans coat stepped out of the trees and into the fading light.

Long brown hair was lifted and flew around her face but her fierce gaze never left his. Pushing her hair away she made her way into the field, careful not to fall in the dips of the uneven ground.

"You don't have to do this" he called as he fixed his glare on her.

The woman paused and held her pale hand up "Be quiet Mr Shelby" and she continued to walk, her big green eyes pinning him to the ground.

As he blinked he saw the coat slip away from her slight frame revealing a deep red dress. A minute later she was across from him, wearing a coy smile as she tapped a finger on her lips.

"You don't have to do this" he said again, this time trying to hide the fear in his voice.

"We both know I do" she said as she took a step to him, gently she lifted her hand and placed it on his cheek. "You must of known I would come for you" she whispered with longing.

The trees suddenly fell silent as the crows gaped down at the two.

"I need more time. I'm not ready" he breathed as he closed his eyes to her touch.

"No one is ever ready for death" she mused as she leaned up and placed a kiss on his cold lips "Come with me Tommy"

Opening his blue eyes he suddenly felt himself being pulled into an abyss, he tried his hardest to fight her pull but the warmth spreading through his body was making it difficult.

"Who are you?" He whispered as he tried to pull away but found he was glued to the spot.

"You know who I am Tommy" and her hand slipped into his coat, her cold fingers brushing his ribs before landing on his gun.

A strange prickly sensation sweeped down his back as he tried to pull away but found himself completely frozen.

It was her eyes that settled him once again as she unclipped the weapon "It's time to go" she whispered as she pressed the gun into his stomach.

"No!"

Snapping awake with a seething headache Tommy pushed himself up on his elbows and ignored the relief of his familiar surroundings.

"Every time" he whispered to himself as the haunting dream began to slip away. Since the day he arrived back from the war his dreams had been plagued by this mystery woman.