Reality

Whisky's good proofing water. Tells you who's real and who isn't~ T S

"What is it about this girl eh?" Polly said as she passed Tommy a stack of notes to put in the safe. They where taking in more money than they could handle and Tommy knew he had to change his methods quickly.

Pulling out the stacks of notes from his coat he began piling them up on the shelves, barely looking at them. Money barely interested him now, it was a far cry from the man that stepped off that train with big ideas.

"I didn't realise it would interest you this much" he deflected before leaving the room and taking off his coat.

Polly followed behind with a smirk plastered on her face "You woke up after three months and asked where she was. I'm not blind nor deaf Tommy"

"It's complicated" he mumbled as he took his seat wanting nothing more than to rub his head in peace. The throbbing was returning.

"I'm aware" she replied as she leaned over and swiped up his cigarettes "I erd you knocked her boyfriend on his arse for no good reason"

Tommy smirked as he took his tin back "I had a good reason Polly, you know me, I'm fair as they come" and he opened up his hands.

"Fair and Tommy Shelby do not go hand in hand" she sniggered "Watch yourself. You're putting a spot light on her and you have a lot of people watching and waiting for you to fall"

Tommy raised an eyebrow at his aunt "Nobody knew about her before" he said calmly.

Polly stubbed his cigarette out before leaning over the table "We knew Tommy, the whole family knew you were meeting someone we just didn't know it was her"

---

Tommy needed to remember, to fill in the gaps from his time before he had his skull kicked in by the priests henchman. Filling his pipe he took in a large fill of the substance, allowing it to fill his lungs.

After the first hit he realised it was already taking affect as he laid his head down on his pillow. Listening to his own heart thump in his chest he closed his eyes and allowed the feeling to take him away.

"Shh will you! Stop bloody laughing" he said as he pulled her hand, pulling her into the back of his office and out of the rain.

"Sorry, I didn't think I could ever scare the great Tommy Shelby" she grinned as she let him take off her coat "your face! It was worth it"

"I'm not used to people jumping out on me in dark alleyways Rose" he smirked as he passed her a drink "Near gave me a heart attack"

Rose did a small curtsy "I am honoured to be your first sir"

Tommy rolled his eyes at her and she caught it, gently shoving him as she took her seat. It was so familiar to be with her in this setting. Intimately as they talked for hours on end.

"Watch it" he warned playfully as he took his seat.

"Yeah yeah" she breathed before taking a sip of her whiskey "I can't stay for long tonight. Chris has started asking questions"

"Just tell him" he replied coldly, instantly hating that his name had been brought up during their time. It always ruined his mood. Tommy had never so much as told Rose his intentions but he hoped deep down they where already clear.

"I can't! How do I explain this?" She asked "You know I can't tell him about you, he'll think I'm crazy"

"You could just forget about him" he shrugged without a care for her boyfriend. Tommy had found him irritating "The mans an idiot with no drive. All he'll do is drag you down with him"