Control Me

Tommy stood at the top of the street and watched as his pub, The Garrison burned to the ground. Having been stood there for only a few minutes he watched as the flames quickly consumed the building. Arthur was passing in front, helplessly throwing water at the flames and demanding people help.

It was no use. The building was gone. As a rage settled within Tommy he knew this was someone trying to get his attention and now they had it. Lighting a cigarette he told himself that no matter what happened he would rebuild the pub. Everything could be rebuilt.

"Trouble Tommy?" He heard to his side, her soft voice breaking him away from the flames eating at his pub.

Rose was breathtakingly beautiful as she looked up from her long dark eyelashes at him. Everything she did, every look, every mannerism had him entrapped and in those moments he was happy.

"Something like that" he replied cautiously as he watched her, her eyes scanning the building as she watched the flames lick and hiss at his pub.

"Looks like someone wanted to get your attention" she said as she turned to him, worry in her beautiful big eyes.

"Well they have it" he said as he threw his cigarette across the street, frustration building at the base of his skull. Now that this had happened he was certain Rose would pull away from him once again.

Instead she surprised him and grabbed his hand, publicly, gently pulling him closer to her "Whatever you do, be careful Tommy" she whispered before she stood up on her tip toes and placed a chaste kiss on his surprised lips.

Before he could respond, before his brain could catch up she began to leave with a small smile on her face

"Wait, what about-"

"Finished Tommy!" She called back "I made my decision" and she turned away from him, leaving him in the wake of too many emotions to work through.

Tommy's pub burning down suddenly didn't seem so bad as he tried to wipe the smirk of his face, realising that there was on audience on the street.

--

Tommy had been ensnared into a trap by the IRA as they demanded he deal in with them, threatening his family if he didn't proceed with their plan for him. One step ahead he had cut a deal with them which no doubt he would slip out of and cut the head off the snakes that hissed at his ankles.

As he paced infront of Polly, filling her in he hadn't realised Arthur had slipped in the back door.

"Fuckin' ell man it's all gone. Not a single thing left" he cried, his face slick with sweat and soot as he grabbed a bottle of whiskey off the side "Bastards did a right good number on us"

"We'll fix it Arthur" Tommy snapped dismissively, not wanting to think about his brothers trivial worries.

Arthur shook his head before downing his drink, hissing at the familiar burn of the brown liquid "I swear if I ever get my hands on em'"

"We will. Don't worry" Polly said as she nodded towards Tommy "We need to get out there and show people that the blinders haven't been had" she said as she stood up.

Tommy nodded "We'll say we did it" he said suddenly "Yeah, it was an accident and we're going to rebuild. Get the word out" he said before leaving both of them stood awkwardly in the kitchen.

Rushing down the street he realised that there was only one face he needed to see, to calm him and centre him back so that his feet could feel the ground beneath him.

As his hands hit her door he hadn't even realised it was raining, the rain soaking his coat and covering his face.

Rose opened the door and her eyes widened at him, before he could open his mouth she pulled him in, her hands pulling at his coat.