31. That Night pt 4. (Joking)

Peter's eyes went wide.

    "Wait, what?"

    "I want you to become a Stark."

Pepper pulled out a stack of papers and placed it in front of Peter. The boy read the first 2 words and tears brimmed his eyes. Adoption Forms. He looked up at Tony.

    "Please tell me this isn't a sick joke."

Tony just stood up and pulled the boy into a hug.

    "It's not! I really want you to be a Stark! Steve and I can be your legal guardians, the others as emergency guardians. I already worked it out. The word won't get out until you graduate or until you want people to know... All it needs is your signature... And I'm not forcing you to! I just- I see you as my kid, not an Intern. You can move in and you'd have your own room and you can have friends over and hang out with us all the time and-"

Peter was at a loss for words. He hugged the superhero tightly, tears forming in his eyes a bit. He tried to keep from crying, emotions taking over him.

"Kid?"

Tony's voice was worry-filled.

    "You guys are the best thing that has happened to me. Why would I say no?"

He looked up and smiled at Tony, a few tears rolling down his face.

    "I idolized you and the others before, but now I consider you guys my family."

Tony beamed and ruffled Peter's hair, tears forming in his eyes.

    "Good to know that, Bambi. Let's go finalize it."