41. Reveal #2.5

With Tony:

    Tony was stunned. Everyone in the room hitched their breath, the shock setting in. Fury had rolled his eyes. He was shocked, but he needed to make sure the boy wasn't lying.

    "Sure you are. I'm going to file a report. I'll see you soon, behind bars."

Peter looked up, fear in his eyes.

    "W-What..."

    "You're lying about being a superhero and you're from Hydra. You're clearly dangerous. I'll also have to report to your little friends why they can't see you. We'll probably take them in at some point as well."

Peter shot to his feet.

    "What!? They haven't done anything!"

    "Do they know you're from HYDRA?"

Peter didn't reply.

    "Thought so."

Fury went to turn the door handle, when a web shot at his hand, leaving him there.

    "Leave them out of this."

His voice was stronger than it was mere minutes before. His gaze was locked on Fury.

    "You can do whatever to me, but they stay out of this."

Fury smirked.

    "So you really are the spider."

    "HYDRA fucked me over, so I might as well fuck them over. I never wanted to hurt people. I never asked to be born!"

Tears were streaming down his face.

    "I never asked to be here! I never asked to go through all of the pain! If you want to hurt me, then do it! Kill me for all I care! Just don't touch them!"

Fury and Peter had locked eyes and for a moment, Fury saw something he didn't expect.