35. Holy Sh*t

With Peter:

    It was finally the New Year. Peter and Tony had gotten closer, working in the lab with the twins asking questions, and Steve making sure they eat. Of course, not all things can last. Peter was now back in school, and today was horrible. It was a Wednesday and Peter had completely forgotten about taking care of himself. He told himself he'd sleep and eat when he got back to the tower, but life had other plans. Flash had been extra annoying and kept on pestering Peter; mostly about his voice and his past. Question after question, remark after remark. It was thankfully the end of the day when it happened. Peter had been getting his stuff out of his locker and the halls were full. Suddenly, he was slammed into his locker. He turned around and Flash punched him square in the jaw. Gasps from other students were heard as Flash and 2 of his friends threw punches at the boy. Something snapped in Peter in that moment.

    He threw a punch back, hitting Flash in the nose. His friends caught him and everyone was stunned. Peter had never fought back. He stood up and glared at Flash, turning nearly everyone pale; even a few teachers. He kept his eyes on Flash and slowly walked forward.

    "You don't know what the hell I've been through, Flash."

His voice was hoarse and raspy. It was quite deeper than what any of the bystanders would have expected. MJ and Ned were even shocked. They had only heard his voice in the meeting, Peter still being unsure about talking.

    "I've been to hell in back. Anything you do may get a small reaction, but it can't even compare to what I was put through as a child."

His voice became cold and unforgiving with each step he took. He stopped right in front of Flash, who's eyes were wide.

    "You really wanna try to start a fight with me? I could end you within seconds. So please fuck off. I'm not trying to go on the run just yet."

He leaned down and grabbed his bookbag, slinging it over his shoulder. He handed Flash a tissue for his bloody nose.

    "And If I were you, I'd get that checked out. Probably shattered."

He turned on his heel and walked out, everyone too shocked to stop him.