34. Enough?

With Peter:

    That night Peter hung out with Tony, Steve, and the twins. They ate a huge dinner before just curling up on the couch. The twins were sitting in the middle of Tony and Steve. Wanda was leaning on Steve, Pietro was leaning on Wanda, and Peter was leaning on Tony. They had thrown on random Disney Movies and were covered in different blankets. They were in the middle of the 3rd movie when Peter started falling asleep. He was almost out cold until he heard the voices of Tony and Steve.

    "Am I doing enough?"

"He really loves you, Tony."

    "Well, I know that but what if I mess up? Or he leaves us? Or we spend so much time away on missions, I miss everything. Fury has been making them longer and I don't want him to be a target."

    "Tony... Peter is not going to become a target. The public doesn't even know about him. And you won't mess up and miss everything. He loves you, Tony. He called you Dad for crying out loud! You have been there for him even when you had just met. He's not gonna leave you just because you're doing your job."

A voice that could only be Wanda's chimed in.

    "You and Steve are his Dad's. He may not out right say it, but I know that's how he feels."

The other twin spoke.

"How would you know that?"

"For some reason... I can't get a read on him... I can't get in his head like I've done with everyone else. Something is keeping me out. But I did get in at one point. It was while he was sleeping. He was dreaming of us. Like, a mix of a memory, fantasy and reality. It was rather pleasant... It's about the only time I can see his mind... It's typically empty, but that one moment seemed like everything to him... He loves you, Stark. No matter what happens, you are his Dad, Steve is his Pops and we're his siblings. We're a crazy weird family and he loves it. He won't leave unless we tell him to or we act like we don't want him around."

Peter had been laying against Tony, their arms around each other. Tony's grip tightened a bit.

"I don't want him to leave..."

"We don't either, Tony."