Chapter 5

We arrived in spain two days before our game because they announced a little storm the day before so we couldn't fly then. This game was going to be my first one since my injury. It really sucked to sit out for two weeks with my club. Luckily, we didn't play any top 4 teams so the girls didn't have any problem. However, at times, they would've needed someone to shout at the ref or make hard tackles on the opponents and none of them does it. It was frustrating to say the least.

But now I'm 100% back. I got cleared up the day I left. Playing for a club is the most important thing, but it's always so gratifying and amazing to go out a represent our country. When we arrived at our hotel, some special people were waiting for us.

"Holà!" Jenni said when I got out of the bus. "Hi!" I grinned before I went to hug all of them. "What are you doing here?" I asked them. "Well we rarely ever get the chance to see you and now you're here so we wouldn't let that opportunity slip" Mapi explained. "That's so nice of you. I'm still going to kick your asses on the field" I joked. "We'll see about that" Leila retorted. "I have to check in, but come. We'll go hangout in my room" I told them as we got in.

As surprising as it may sound, I have a lot of friend in the football world. People sometimes think I would be hated by all because of my playing style and my aggressivity, but it's quite the opposite. I actually gained people's respect because of that. So almost everytime I play against a team either club or country, I play against friends. Well that's if we exclude the Scandinavian countries.

"Wow! You got the big room" Alexia noted as we walked in. "I always do" I stated. "So tell us all about your new club" Mapi said as we all squeezed in my bed. "Well so far so good. I love how their gameplay and their philosophy. You can really see they mean their slogan 'victory through unity'. I was scared that I would realize it was all a lie when I would arrive, but it's not the case. It's just one big family" I told them. "Looks like someone found their team" Jenni replied. "I hope so. I only signed a one year contract because I'm waiting to see if everything goes well there so it doesn't end up like my last club. It's not sure that my future is with Arsenal yet" I said. "I still think your future is with Barcelona" Leila slipped in. "Maybe. All the doors are opened" I shrugged.

"You should consider it seriously. Our coach is ready to free a spot for you on the team at any time" Alexia informed me. "I will. Anyways, I'm giving everything to this team for now and I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes" I answered. "So far, do you think Arsenal is your team?" Jenni asked me. "This team is amazing there's no doubt. There's no other club like Arsenal. I just don't know if I'm ready to settle for good. There are still so many leagues I haven't got a taste of and I don't know if I'm ready to give that up" I replied. "Which team would you like to play for?" Mapi asked me. "Well, there's Barcelona, obviously. I'd be interested in playing in France so probably Lyon. Wolfsburg maybe or Bayen. Manchester United has a lot of potential. I'm even thinking about Portland or Houston. Going back home wouldn't be too bad either so Ajax is definitely not excluded. There's also Juventus. The Italian league is missing something that I think I could bring. Sherida told me about her team and Vålerenga could be a place for me or I could help LSK get their glory back. All the doors are opened for me and I have no clue which one I'm going to take" I told them. "Must suck to be you" Leila teased.

We talked for a good couple of hours. Viv and Jill came it since our rooms are connected and we hung out. We called in some room service and just relaxed. It was fun to catch up with them. They left at 9pm since they had to wake up early the next day. The other two stayed until they were too tired and I was then left alone.

I FaceTimed my mum to catch up with her and tell her about my week like I usually do. It didn't last long because I was heading to bed as well. I got in and layed down on my back. Something was off. The room was too empty. The bed was too empty. Every night, Beth would come with me or join me during the night because strangely, I don't have nightmares when she's there. It's probably not about the person, but about the feeling of safety. Probably. I kept thinking about that until my eyes closed.