Chapter 7 - A Lady at Rest

Eleonora settled into the room that was assigned to her. There was nothing in it that was familiar. She was taken off the street and made to impersonate someone, so she had no belongs within the room that was actually hers.

The view from the window was a different side of the castle than what she had seen in the past. Instead of the hustle and bustle of the marketplace, the uncomfortable silence of a large, empty bedroom surrounded her. However, it was the most elegant room she had ever had the privilege of seeing in all her life. The bed was enormous and very soft by appearance. When she tested it out by jumping on to it, appearance proved to be the truth. Eleonora laid among the many fluffy pillows and criminally soft blankets. She was almost at rest, but not quite at peace.

The color scheme of the room differed from the grey and blues of the palace. It was a room of a lovely crimson, like the red in the Florian Kingdom's crest. Throughout the chambers, there were red and gold designs on every item there. The bed had a wooden frame of cherry wood with crimson sheer curtains. There were golden drapes on the windows with red floral accents as the tie back. The assigned chambers were spacious. It had a bedroom, a living area, a dining room, and a small library that also served as a sitting room.

She took a seat in a comfy chair as she pondered all the things that Bee shared. The events of the day were also considered, especially the start with the two burly men who manhandled her into the palace like a criminal. Which she now assumed was at the directive of the Countess, who was the Queen of Florian? '

Her mind continued to wander as her eyelids drooped. A journal and quill were sitting on the side table. Eleonora picked it up and wrote down a few of her thoughts. Her handwriting was lazy in nature due to her tired state.

What if the Countess was the cause of the original Eleonora disappearance? What if she was dangerous?'

Did she choose me? Do I look like a Lee? Am I the least likely person to be missed?

Why name me Eleonora Lee, why not give me some random name of a Florian? Then let me be a Florian Noble and potential betrothed to the Triena Prince.

Why not keep my name and just call me a ward of the Florian King?

There were so many other ways to bring me into this ruse.

Why me? Why now?

Why have me arrested, cleaned, and dressed as a lady?

None of this makes sense, but I don't want to complain.

This is the first full meal I've had in years. This is the cleanest I've been since living on my own wits.

Even if there is some evil plan afoot with these luxuries, I don't mind a little trouble. Whatever is actually going on here, I need to find out as much details as I can.

Who is Eleonora Lee, the Duchess of Ailon?

The ink of the quill dripped down the page as the lace worker's hand went limp.

Her body was exhausted from the toils of the day. Where she laid, relaxed her enough that sleep found her there. Almost immediately after she confessed her racing thoughts on paper, she slept.

 Almost immediately after she confessed her racing thoughts on paper, she slept