1

I've always wanted to do something bigger with my life.

I want to travel the world, to experience new things, to meet new people, to overall get my entire life together.

But not everyone can have what they wish for!

The sound of the shop's door opening signaled that someone walked in. I let out a sigh of relief seeing Somi, my co-worker, walked into the shop.

'Took you long enough. My night shift today was so shitty.' I said while taking off my apron. Somi chuckled.

'But you can go home now. Doze off without a care of what's happening in the world, okay? You deserve a good rest.'

She took some papers before coming behind the counter with a warm smile. I nodded. I placed my apron on the counter.

'Take care of yourself!'

I sent her a smile with a little wave before walking out of the shop.

I've been working in a fast food place for as long as I can remember. I made it my mission to make enough money to where I can move to another state, another place where I can begin and entirely new life instead of being stuck in this shitty town.

I always take the night shifts as my job, the need to make extra money being the reason behind that. So, when I see a staff member walk in at around 5 am for their morning shift, it means I can finally go home and just get buried beneath my duvets.

I walked down the road, heading towards my usual bus stop. The sun has not risen yet, resulting in the streets and roads being almost covered in darkness.

I am the only walking person on the street, but I didn't mind that. It's very early in the morning, after all.

I spotted the bus stop couple feet away from me, but it didn't look completely isolated.

A figure was sitting on the bench in the stop.

I reached the bus stop, and took a seat a little far away from the figure.

Now that I was closer to him, I can make some features.

He's a man, clearly.

His quite built and masculine body makes that very clear. His arms are crossed over his chest and his head rested on the glass wall that is behind us. In the faint light I can see a scar in the middle of his cheek. His chest rose and fell in a steady pace. His eyes were peacefully closed. Dark brown hair covered his head which was hidden by a black hood. A white print was visible on the front of his hoodie.

He looks like he's sleeping.

I tried my best to ignore him, and took out my phone to entertain myself as I waited for the bus to arrive.

What is the guy doing this early in the morning, anyway?

He doesn't seems to be dressed for anything, so it doesn't means he's on his way to something.

Whatever.

It's not my problem.

'Why do you smell like pepperoni pizza?'

I snapped my head towards the guy, completely baffled by the sentence he just spoke. His eyes were now open, as he side eyed me.

His figure looked exactly the same as it was a few minutes ago, only this time a slight grin spread on his lips.

I almost chuckled at the question.

'I work at a fast food place,so.' I simply explained. The guy hummed in response, and closed his eyes once again.

I heard a sound of a car, or to be more precise a bus speeding down the street. I got up ready to catch my long awaited bus. I expected the guy to get up as well but to my surprise, he stayed just the way he was.

I finally took my attention off of him and stepped into the bus, ready to go home.

   *******

      Hope you like it :)