-Nᴏ Cᴜʀᴇ-

-Norman POV-
___________

I forced a a fake smile as I looked down at Sammy who was staring at me in confusion. "Norman? What's going on?" He asked. I still kept the fake smile as I forced my tears to stay in.  "I-It's nothing...it's just...stuff..." I said. He frowned. "Why do you always lie? I'm simply asking you a question..."

"I know...it's just...I don't want it to be true...so I'm not gonna tell you in case it's not..." I explained as I placed a hand on his cheek. He sighed and held my hand. "I would never lie to you...but you lie to me...it's not fair..." Sammy said. I sighed. "You wouldn't understand-,"

"How do you know! I could very well understand! But you won't ever know because you want to lie about everything!" He yelled. I frowned and removed my hand from his face. A couple tears fell from my face as I again forced a fake smiled. "You fake it...you always do...you think I can't tell? Well I can..." Sammy snarled as he looked at the ceiling.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I looked down at the ground. "It's not you're fault..." Henry said. I sighed. "But it is...I could've stopped him...I could've been there...I could've been a brother for once instead of an idiot..." I said. Henry glared at Sammy as he huffed.

Then Linda slowly opened the door. "Henry...Norman...I need to two for a second..." she mumbled in a sad tone. I sighed. "Coming..." I mumbled as I walked out the door with Henry behind me.

Linda stood there with tears in her eyes. "I have news..." She said. "Good or bad?" Henry asked. She looked at him. "Both."

I looked at Linda confused. "Bad news is...There's no cure for the Ink Poisoning...and he definitely has it..." She said. My eyes widened. "No cure!? What do you mean, No Cure!? There has to be a cure!?" I argued. Henry placed a hand on my shoulder. I sighed. "Calm down...let her explain the good news..." Henry mumbled. I nodded. "Good news is...they are working on a cure...but it's not available for two months...so if we can keep him alive that long then there will be a cure..."

"How bad is the Ink Poisoning?" Henry asked. "Very...it could kill within a week...whomever swallowed the ink will be coughing and hacking up ink everyday and will be in a lot of pain..."  She explained. I clenched my fist and walked back into Sammy's room. I need to save him...I will save him...I just need to keep him alive for two months...

-word count: 462-