#13 "It's not okay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary: ???

Words: 3800~

Genre: Angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ravenette laid in bed, feeling the weight beside him shift and hearing the rustling of the covers as she stepped out of bed. His love leaving their shared bedroom quietly, trying not to disturb his sleep as she went. It never worked though. Aizawa stayed up many nights wondering where you went to during your nightly adventures. You always left once every few days, in the dead of night, only to return shortly before his alarm went.

It worried him immensely. What were you doing out so late? He didn't want to question the possibilities for there weren't many reasons a person leaves their partner, in the middle of the night, without them knowing. As much as he tries not to think about it, the only logical reason he could think of was that you snuck off....to see someone else. And that though truly broke his heart.

Every night you snuck out, he would lay awake for hours, worry eating away the time he needed to sleep. He'd only close his eyes again when you got home, hearing you cry in the attached bathroom close to your bedroom, probably from shame or even guilt he figured, while he continued this cycle by pretending to still be asleep.

By pretending to still be blissfully ignorant.

The next time he heard your quiet footsteps and the soft creaking of the bedroom door, he decided he had enough. He couldn't take another night of endless pondering, uncertainty and lack of sleep. He carefully unraveled himself from the blankets and followed you downstairs. Closely sneaking behind you as he closed the door in front of you before you even had the chance of fully opening it.

"Shouta!" You shrieked in surprise, not expecting the man to suddenly be behind you.

"And where do you think you're going so late at night?" He said suspiciously, ready to finally get some answers.

He saw you getting nervous, terrifyingly so. By your reaction alone he knows that something serious is going on and that alone already has his heart dropping to low ends.

"I was just catching some fresh air!" You stammered out as a horrible excuse. Your body starts to tremble as you lie through your teeth. "I'll be back in no time, just go to bed, I'll be right back."

"But you're never 'right back'," The shocked and guilt ridden look on your face was heartbreaking enough, but he needed to know the truth. "You're gone for hours, going outside without telling me. Coming back and quietly crying to yourself in the bathroom. Trying your very best not to wake me up, not to let me know." He said, the hurt clear in his voice as he let out all his frustration. "And I respected your wishes! Thinking you'd come to me to tell me what is making you go and sneak out in the middle of the night when you're ready and comfortable enough to tell me. But by the looks of it that won't happen anytime soon and I-...I just can't do this anymore." His voice broke as he embraced you, holding you like he's afraid he'll lose you for good if he lets you go out this time. "I can't lay another night awake in bed, worrying about the reason why you leave me behind like this again and again. Please.. just tell me what is going on."

"Shouta," You started calmly as you pried yourself out of his arms. Leaving a hurt look on his face as you quietly answered. "I.. can't tell you." You quietly drew more into yourself as you told him this apologetically, already seeing your husbands hurting look turn to something along the lines of angry and shocked.

"Why? What is it that makes you so scared to tell me?! If you're afraid to tell me that you're sneaking out to see some other guy then-"

"No, Shouta! There's no one else! It's not what you think!"