Chapter 4

One evening, Alexandra was in her room working on homework.

"Alexandra, can you come downstairs, please." Esme said from the doorway. "Edward has something to tell us."

"Ok. I'll be right down." Alexandra said, sighing. She guessed it had to do with Bella. Edward had gotten closer to Bella since her accident. He had started eating lunch with her and she was now his girlfriend, which made Alexandra angry because now she was only one in the family without someone. Her not having a mate, made her a little depressed. She wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she guessed Edward and Jasper knew, thanks to their gifts, and told the rest of the family. Alexandra pushed her chair back and headed downstairs. She found everyone in the living room.

"So, what does Edward have to tell us?" She asked. Everyone looked at Edward and waited for him to say something.

"Bella knows about us." He finally said.

"What!" Everyone asked, shocked.

"How did she find out?" Emmett asked.

"Did you tell her?" Rosalie snapped.

"No." Edward said. "She figured it out on her own."

"What are we going to do?" Jasper asked.

"We aren't going to do anything." Edward said.

"If the Volturi finds out that she knows, then they'll come after us and we'll pay the consequence." Emmett said.

"The Volturi won't found out." Edward said. "Bella knows she can't tell anyone."

"Why don't you invite her over tomorrow, so we can meet her." Esme said.

"Ok." Edward said.

"Seriously." Rosalie said. "Her knowing could be dangerous for us."

"Rosalie." Carlisle scolded. Rosalie stormed out of the room.

"I'll go and let Bella know." Edward said. Alexandra went back up to her room and continued to work on her homework. She agreed with Rosalie that Bella knowing about them was dangerous, but she knew better than to complain.

The next day, Alexandra walked into the kitchen and saw Carlisle, Esme, and Emmett making dinner for Bella. Rosalie was there too, but she just stood there not doing anything.

"Alexandra, could you help us with dinner?" Esme asked.

"Ok." Alexandra said. She walked over to the counter and started making the salad.

"Why are we making dinner for her?" Rosalie asked, annoyed.

"To be hospitable." Esme said.

"If she knows bout us, then I'm sure Edward has told her we don't eat regular food so she's probably already eaten." Esme gave Rosalie a look that said to drop it.

"You know, you could help us." Alexandra said as she finished the salad and put everything into a bowl.

"No thanks." Rosalie said.

"Rose, help us with dinner." Esme said. Rosalie groaned, but picked up the salad bowl.

After a little bit, they started to smell a human scent. Bella was here. "Here comes the human." Rosalie said.

"Be nice." Esme warned Rosalie. They heard them talking as they walked through the house and heard them getting close to the kitchen. A second later, they appeared in the entrance.

"Bella, we made Italian for you." Esme said, walking over to them.

"Bella, this is Esme." Edward introduced. "My mother for all intents and purposes."

"I hope you're hungry." Esme said.

"Yeah. Of course." Bella said.

"She already ate." Edward said.

All of a sudden, the bowl that Rosalie holding broke in pieces. "Perfect." She said.

"It's just I know that you guys don't eat." Bella said.

"That's very considerate of you." Carlisle said.

"Yes, let's just keep pretending that this isn't dangerous for all of us." Rosalie said.

"I would never tell anyone about anything." Bella said.

"Rosalie knows that." Carlisle said.

"Hi Bella." Alice greeted as she and Jasper came in through an open window. She went over to them and hugged them.

"Oh. You do smell good." Alice said, pulling back.

"Alice." Edward said.

"It's ok." Alice said. "Bella and I are going to be great friends." Everyone stood in silence, until Carlisle spoke up.

"Jasper's our newest vegetarian." Carlisle explained. "It's a little difficult for him."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Jasper said.

"It's ok, Jasper." Alice said. "You won't hurt her." After Bella met everyone, Edward showed her the rest of the house.

"Clean this up." Esme said to Rosalie, referring to the salad on the ground.

Everyone else left the room. While she in was in the living room, Alexandra could hear Edward telling Bella about her.

"Why does Alexandra have red eyes while the rest of you have golden eyes?" Bella asked.

"That's because Alexandra drinks human blood." Edward replied.

"Why doesn't she drink animal blood?" Bella asked.

"The first time Carlisle took her hunting, she couldn't keep the animal blood down." Edward explained. "We're not sure why, but she's only able to drink human blood."

"She doesn't feed on." Bella started.

"No." Edward said. "Carlisle does the best he can to bring blood bags home from the hospital."

Alexandra had always felt self-conscious about that. It made her feel like she didn't belong with her family, even they said she did. There were many times where she thought about going off on her own, like Edward did at one time. But, she was always too scared to. She heard Edward change the subject, probably hearing her thoughts.

"Thank you." She thought as she headed up to her room.