Chapter 8

Two more months went by. It was the beginning of a new school year. Alexandra continued to feel depressed. She still kind of avoided her family as much as she could. She also had stopped drinking blood altogether. When school started, Alexandra didn't want to go, but Carlisle and Esme made her go. She wasn't sure if her family had noticed how upset she was. She guessed that at least Edward and Jasper, thanks to their gifts. But, her family was worried about her.

Start of flashback

Alexandra was in her room, reading. Downstairs, she could hear her family talking about her. Everyone was in the living room, even Edward, who wasn't with Bella for once. "I'm really worried about her." Esme said.

"We all are." Alice said.

"All she thinks about is how she's the only without a mate." Edward said. "It's like she's depressed."

"I'm pretty sure she is." Jasper agreed. "I can't blame her. It's gotta be difficult for her to see all of us happy with our mates when she doesn't have one."

"I wish there was something we could do." Esme said. "She won't talk to any of us and she's stopped drinking blood."

"Can't we make her drink blood?" Emmett asked.

"We've already tried that." Edward said.

"Jasper, can you do something?" Rosalie asked.

"I don't want to force her to feel something she doesn't." Jasper said.

"Carlisle, what do we do?" Esme asked.

"I don't know." Carlisle said. They all stopped talking because they heard Alexandra coming down the stairs.

End of flashback

Alexandra was currently laying on her couch in her room. She was thinking about what it would be like if she had a mate. This was pretty much all she thought about now. And usually when she did, she didn't hear or notice when someone was around her.

Carlisle walked into her room with a glass filled with blood. "Alexandra?" He said as he saw her on the couch. She didn't answer. Carlisle set the glass on the dresser and went over her. "Alexandra." He said, shaking her shoulder. "Alexandra."

Alexandra shook her head a little bit and looked at Carlisle. "Dad?" She said as she sat up. "What are you doing in here?"

"You need to get ready for school." Carlisle said.

"Do I have to?" Alexandra asked.

"Yes." Carlisle said. He grabbed the glass of blood and handed it to Alexandra. "Here."

"I'm not thirsty." Alexandra said.

"You need to drink it." Carlisle said.

"I don't want to." Alexandra said.

"Alexandra." Carlisle said.

"I don't want to drink it." Alexandra said. "Can I please stay home from school?"

Carlisle sighed. "Alright." He said. "You can stay home, but only for today."

"Thank you." Alexandra said. Carlisle nodded. He walked downstairs and went into the living room, where Esme was.

"Is Alexandra ok?" Esme said.

"Yeah." Carlisle said. "I told her she could stay home from school today."

"Do you want me to do anything?" Esme asked.

"Just keep an eye on her and try to get her to drink some blood." Carlisle said.

"We've all been trying to do that for months." Esme said.

"Just keep trying." Carlisle said. Esme nodded. Carlisle kissed his wife, walked out of the house and headed to the hospital.

That evening, Carlisle walked into the house and set his stuff on a table. He went to find Esme and found her in her art room. "Hey love." He greeted her.

"Hey." Esme said.

"How's Alexandra?" Carlisle asked.

"She hasn't left her room all day." Esme said. "Carlisle, I'm really worried about her."

"I know." Carlisle said. "I am too."

"What are we going to do?" Esme asked. "She won't let us help her."

"I'll try to talk to her." Carlisle said. Esme stood up from the couch. "Where are you going?" Carlisle asked.

"To bring some blood to Alexandra." Esme answered.

"I'll do it." Carlisle said as he stood up and walked to his office. He went over to a fridge, where he kept the blood bags for Alexandra. He warmed one in the microwave, poured it into a cup, and went to Alexandra's room.

When Carlisle stepped into the room, he found her in the same exact position as she had been in this morning. And he saw the glass of blood he brought up earlier, untouched. He went over to her, knowing that probably wouldn't respond if he just called her name. "Alexandra." Carlisle said as he gently shook her.

Alexandra looked up at him. "What?" She asked.

"Are you ok?" Carlisle asked. He moved Alexandra's legs off the couch, so he could sit next to her.

"For the hundredth time, I'm fine." Alexandra said, annoyed.

"Watch the tone." Carlisle said.

"Sorry." Alexandra apologized.

"Here." Carlisle said. He handed her the glass. "Drink."

"I'm not really thirsty." Alexandra said.

"Alexandra, you need to drink some blood." Carlisle said. "Sweetheart, we're all really worried about you." Alexandra didn't say anything. "Alexandra." Carlisle said, sternly.

Alexandra sighed. "Fine." She said, taking the cup and drinking it.

"Good." Carlisle said, taking the cup from her.

"I'm guessing I have to go to school tomorrow." Alexandra said.

"Well I guess, since you haven't been drinking blood, it would be best if you didn't." Carlisle said. "You can stay home for the rest of the week."

"Ok." Alexandra said.

Carlisle walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Alexandra laid back down and continued to think.