• Supposedly The Best Speedrunners - Dream + Illumina •

So, this was requested by Slyonalexis! Thank you so much for the request! Also remember, if there's anything you'd like to request, just comment on any chapter, or message me! Just try to give as much detail as possible in your request!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy!

--------------------

Characters: Dream, Illumina

Genre: Friendship, Platonic (idk)

AU: Minecraft.... again (except dream isn't a green and white blob boi.)

--------------------

|~|Dream's POV [Third Person] |~|

Training is always essential if you want to be the best. Sometimes its not even about being the best; it's about beating yourself, getting better and better so you can say 'Hey, I've done this, or that'.

For Dream, speed running started as a hobby and quickly became his life. Day by day, practicing to get better, to make the new record, to beat the game with a new obstacle. And sometimes, it was nice to train with a little company- a little help.

"So in Spruce Biomes, getting mushrooms is a really handy pick-up if your just running by- soup is a really good thing to have on speedruns." Dream explained while walking through a Spruce Biome. He fiddled with his Iron sword, swinging it back and forth in his hands.

"Except that it takes up a lot of inventory space, if you have multiple. It's only one per slot." Illumina interjected. Today, they'd decided to give each other tips for speedrunning. There were so many different biomes in Minecraft, meaning there could be so many different spawns. It was best to know what to do in each and every place, so you had the best chances.

Dream and Illumina were walking side by side through the thick forest, arguing and agreeing with each others statements and suggestions. They made it through many of the Biomes so far, some of the last being the Ocean, Mushroom Islands and a Mesa Biome.

"Okay okay, I guess you're right." Dream agreed, looking up and ahead to search for a new destination point. He couldn't see much or far- but he saw small bits of blue peeking out from behind some of the distant trees.

Either some nice Blue Orchids or... Dream came to another conclusion and grinned, nudging Illumina's arm.

"I think there's an Ocean over there past these trees!" Dream exclaimed, picking up his pace to a jog. He weaved in-between trees, sorting out the difference between his steps and Illumina's chasing ones. A burst of adrenaline raced through his veins and he sped up again to a run.

"Catch me if you can!" He mocked Illumia, taking off towards the more and more clear body of water. It was definitely ocean, you could tell by the dark blue water. As Dream cleared the forest a rush of salty, cold sea-air blasted his face, sending shivers through his skin. He came to a stop on the narrow sandy beach, waiting for a Illumina to catch up.

He heard his friends tired, heavy breaths come up behind him and Dream became conscious of his own breathing. He noticed the air entering and exiting his lungs, and suddenly it felt forced and difficult to maintain. He growled slightly, frustrated.

"Man... you're fast-" Illumina panted, laughing a bit. Dream chuckled as well, trying to restore his emptied and tired lungs. Illumina stood up straight, taking a big wife of the air. He smiled, enjoying the saltiness.

"Definitely an Ocean." Illumina verified causing Dream to snort.

"No way-" Dream got himself some planks and started making a boat for himself while Illumina approached the water. He heard a small splash and then the loud swishing of Illumina trudging though the water.

Dream held a miniature version of the boat he crafted in his hand, ready to place it in the water where it would grow to a normal sized, two-person boat. He looked over at his friend, who seemed to be in his own world, swishing around in the water.

A mishechivious expression crossed Dreams face, and he leaned down to feel the water with his hands. It was cold, sending shivers up his fingertips and Dream smirked at the idea of Illumnia getting soaked by this freezing cold water...

Oops... Dream thought sarcastically as his hands flew up and forward quickly, splashing the water onto Illumina's legs. His comrad yelped, spinning around to face Dream. They were both silent, staring at each other, daring someone to make a move.

And make a move Illumina did- he pulled out his bucket with surprising speed and agility, scooping up the water. Dream yelled, knowing what was coming next and tried to wade through the knee-deep water away from Illumina.

Too late though, as the buckets contents splashed not Dreams back, causing him to yell louder, laughing as he retreated to the other side of the beach. Illumina didn't give up chase though, following Dream. Another bucket-full of water landed on Dreams head and he flinched forward, so fast and hard that he fell face-first into the water.

He sat up, his green sweat-shirt dripping wet and his blond hair plastered across his smiling mask. Illumina laughed, so hard that he didn't notice Dream pull out his own bucket and launch the full thing at him. His laughter ended abruptly as he too became drenched, Dream becoming the laughing one.

This pattern continued on; drench, laugh, drip, yelp- until both of the young men were tuckered out, panting again and starting to shiver a little. They sat next to one another on the beachside, making small-talk about the world as the sun began to set in front of their eyes.

Once the sun disappeared below the horizon, Illumina stood up, pulling Dream its him. He froze for a moment, before a small purple orb appeared in his hand. He threw it onto the ground a few feet in front of them, a small popping sound emitting from the orb. A bigger, square like portal appeared, and Illumina stepped through, dissapearing from Dream's sight. Dream followed, and when he opened his eyes he was inside Illumina's small, cozy cabin.

A fireplace flickered on the opposite side of the room, flames and light licking at the stone walls surrounding it. The two boys shuffled over to the fireplace, letting the warmth dry their skin. Dream pulled off his hoodie, Illumina looking away respectfully, just in case his mask came off. Once Dream gave him the go ahead, he faced backwards the fire, his eyes captivated by the powerful sight.

"So, I'm the water king?" Dream laughed and Illumina made a face at him.

"Nuh-uh. If anything it's me." Illumia argued, putting hand on his chest in gesture. Dream shook his head furiously, sending some droplets flying around the room.

"Your wrong pal. Very wrong."

Illumina shook his head and rolled his eyes, as if Dream was one of those annoying little toddlers. Dream huffed, before leaning back against the coffee table behind him. After a moment, he glanced at Illumina to see him looking at him. They both stared for a moment, before bursting out laughing.

Yeah, we're some of the best speed runners Minecraft has seen.

--------------------

//1160 Words\\ <3

I hope this is something kinda what you imagined Alexis! I might've changed the end a bit, but I hope it still works for you! As for everyone else, thank you so much for reading!

Hopefully you guys had a good first week of school!

P.S. I am now possibly going to be updating a bit more, since I'm writing in school when I get the chance! (Psh, who needs school anyways?)

Love you guys, and tysm for WAYYYYY OVER 1K Reads! <3

~Sen