Chapter One: Mayu Kawaguchi Has A Secret

"Please Akio-kun, I'm begging you. Don't do this," Chiyo pleaded as she sat in her seat. The boy, Akio Miyashita, had already stood up in preparation to leave. "I can get them together, I know I can," Chiyo continued. "It's not as if I doubt you Chiyo," Akio said with a smile. "But, I really need this to move along. Haruna-chan and Kana-chan should be together sooner rather than later."

Akio began to move toward the door of the café they were in. It was night and few customers remained. As for the ones that did, their eyes were transfixed on the scene unfolding before them. What exactly they were seeing, none of them were quite sure. Firstly, there was the boy. He had dark brown, somewhat messy hair that hung just above his hazel-colored eyes. His looks wouldn't be considered handsome, but they weren't bad either. His outfit consisted of a basic green t-shirt and khaki shorts, and he stood about average height for a guy. Personality-wise, most that knew him would say he was kind and understanding, but as the school year had gone on, Akio had started to cause those around him to wonder if maybe there was a scheming side to him that they hadn't known about.

In chorus with his motion, Chiyo Wakabayashi stood up out of the booth they had been at and went to follow him. Her eyes were pleading, which seemed to be in contrast with her image. Chiyo was the type of girl one would call a gyaru or gal. Her looks were flashy, with her hair a dyed-auburn color, and she kept it tied in a side ponytail, allowing the golden highlights she had to be shown throughout. Her eyes were a deep brown, melding well with her make-up that looked both natural and attractive. Typical with what people would expect of a gyaru, Chiyo also had a large chest, with it currently being held in by a low-collar white blouse. Her waist was slim, and overall her skin now had a bit of a tan to it due to the camping trip she had recently been on. It covered her all the way from her head to her curvaceous thighs clad in a bright blue mini-skirt, down to her feet, wearing a simple set of flip-flops. Her personality was certainly a bubbly one, but there was also an air of mystery that lie underneath.

As the patrons of the café stared on, neither the boy nor the girl paid them no mind. Instead, their eyes were locked on one another, not in a romantic way, but rather exhibiting two very different emotions. For Akio, it was almost as if he stared at Chiyo with pity, but whether or not that pity was meant for her or himself, it was hard to say. Chiyo meanwhile was conveying a sense of desperation, looking to be on the verge of tears. There was anger in her eyes as well, but it was faint.

"You said you wouldn't hurt them Akio-kun," Chiyo said in a shaky voice. Akio looked away, unable to hold the gal's gaze any longer. "It's not like I want to hurt them... but..." Akio paused, turning back to Chiyo with a half-hearted smile. "Sometimes it takes getting hurt before you're able to move forward."

Chiyo had nothing to say back. She wanted to stop him, to find some way to prevent Akio from going through with the plan that he had just detailed to her. Finally, while she had no argument, Chiyo did find words to say. "I won't help you with this," she said weakly. "I know," Akio said softly. "But hey, if you have some other plan to get Haruna-chan and Kana-chan together, I'd love to see it. Although, I'll probably go through with my plan whether you do or not."

Sensing there was nothing left to say, Akio gave a slight bow before paying the check for their tea and then walking out the door. Chiyo didn't follow, instead opting to sit back down. She was shaking, both from knowing how Akio's plan would turn out and anger at herself for not being able to convince him out of it.

"Um, miss? Are you okay?" a waitress asked. "Oh, y-yeah, I'm fine," Chiyo said, faking a smile. "I'm gonna go." Rising from her seat once more, Chiyo started to make her way back home, all the while trying to come up with some surefire idea to get two girls go out with one another.