Chapter 5: Food Fight

Ira

"Ira!" Cristy shouted, running up to me and giving me a hug.

"Cris! I'm so glad you're here!"

"Me too! I'm sorry about your mom, are you alright?! You look awful!" She can change a subject really fast.

"Jee, thanks," I laughed, climbing into my car.

She threw her bag in the back and climbed in the passenger seat. I needed this distraction, one away from Kostas and those guys. Were they really werewolves? That would explain the growling all the time, and I guess the speed, but werewolves weren't real.

"Hey, that car is following us...and it's full of hot guys!" Cristy said, looking in the rear view mirror.

"What?!" I said, quickly looking in the mirrors. It was Caleb in the driver seat, and I'm pretty sure that Kostas was with him as well. "Crap!"

"Do you know them?" she asked me, smiling evilly.

"Yeah, uh, they broke into my house," I explained. Wait, that sounded worse than it ended up.

"They what?!" she exclaimed. She glared back at the guys and told me to pull off at the restaurant.

"What are you planning?" I asked her as I parked the car.

"Well, for starters I'm hungry, and secondly, I told someone to meet us here. Remember Dale?" she asked.

Indeed I do remember him. He was a jerk most of the time, but every once in a while he was very sweet. We used to be friends but then he got a girlfriend and became all distant from me and Cristy in middle school but then I was alone when she moved.

"We're meeting him here?" I asked upset.

"Yes, he's still our friend remember?"

I sighed. "I guess."

We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. Why did I dress up? Well, mainly because Cristy told me to when I talked to her.

The Ferrari pulled into a spot as well, meaning they were planning to follow me inside and watch me. I felt my nerves spike at the thought of being followed, even though it was by a hot guy who kissed me, giving me my first kiss.

"Earth to Ira!" Cristy said, snapping her fingers in my face.

"Cut that out!" I laughed, pushing her hand away.

We walked in and then we both heard a whistle that someone usually gives to describe a hottie. Dale was sitting in the corner of the room at a curved booth and we walked over to him. He looked just like he used to; buzzed brown hair, his left ear pierced, a shaped face and a smile that melted hearts.

He stood up as we approached and he wore black jeans, a white dress shirt that was opened at the top, and he had his smile plastered to his face.

"Hello ladies!" he said.

Cristy smiled and gave him a hug and then excused herself to go to the bathroom. I looked behind me just out of habit and I saw Kostas and Caleb walking in and looking around. His eyes landed on me and he physically relaxed, while I tensed up. Why was he following me? And why did my stomach flip when I look at him?

Alright, you obviousy like him, I thought.

"Hey," Dale said, walking up to me and quickly hugging me. I hugged him back carefully and then I glanced over at Kostas who looked furious. "How've you been?"

"Fine," I smiled. "Just, not recently."

"Yeah, you look awful. What happened?"

We sat down in the booth. I risked another glance at Kostas and I almost laughed as I saw that Caleb was literally holding him back and dragging him to a table nearby. Caleb left Kostas there and went over to the restrooms and Cristy sat down beside Dale. I smiled at Kostas and he frowned back.