Chapter 13: Wait...What?

Ira

"Oh!" Arty screamed, running to a rack of dresses. "This will look so good on you Ira!"

I walked over to her as she held up a short purple dress that was wrinkled and one shouldered. It looked like a prom dress or else a very fancy dinner dresss. I just nodded at her and she then handed it to me and told me to try it on. Cristy pushed me to the fitting rooms while the others started to look for other clothes.

The dress fit perfectly, maybe a little tight in the stomach, but otherwise it was good. It showed a lot of my legs and arms, but I think I could manage it. I walked out of the room and the girls all squealed, causing Glen who was standing by the entrance to look at us. He nodded in approval of the dress and then went back to looking around. I smiled.

"What's that?" Kasey asked, referring to the bandaid on my neck.

"Oh, um," talk about not awkward. "Kostas, or I guess Lucas, bit me."

"He did?" the girls squealed again.

"Is it good that he bit me?" I asked, incredibly confused.

"Wait, you mean he bit you and didn't tell you why?" Arty asked.

I shook my head, and Arty became mad.

"That prick!"

"What she's means is," Silvia interupted, "that when a male werewolf bites his mate, it means he's marked her as his and warns others to try anything at their own risk."

I blushed. I was mad at myself for pushing him away for it when it was sort of an act of love. But it was his own fault for not explaining it to me.

The girls started looking around for something to go with the dress, like jewelry, forgetting about what Kostas did when a whistle pulled us out of our searching to find three hot guys walking over to us and looking me up and down. I felt myself blushing, and then the one that whistled smiled at me.

"Well, we got a shy girl here!" he hollered to his friends.

I tried to ignore him like the other girls were, but he moved my hair off my shoulder, making me flinch. He laughed again and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I felt uncomfortable, and the girls obviously saw that.

"Hey, dickwad!" Cristy said. "Get away from her."

The guy gave an exaggerate gasp but kept his arm me. "Wow, I don't even know you girls and you're already insulting me! Wow, to think that a beta's mate has such a bite!"

The girls immediately got into an attack position, pulling Cristy behind them and signaling Glen to come over. The three guys didn't flinch but laughed instead.

"Listen, I just came over to ask this lovely specimen out on a date."

"Excuse me?" I asked him.

"How about an answer in few seconds? 'Cause I think your friends are ready to tear us apart."

I smirked. "Alright, five seconds."

I held up five fingers, and slowly counted down until I had two, pausing to pretend to think. I then brought down my finger leaving my middle finger up at them.

"Oh my gosh! It just has a mind of its own, but I think this is for you," I said sarcastically.

The three guys looked angry as the girls and Glen broke into laughter. They stormed off while we were all still laughing. I've never done something like that before, but I had fun. Once we were done, our stomaches growled in hunger, so we decided to go to Little Ceaser's for pizza.