Chapter 19: Chained

Cristy

When I woke up from the dark, I was still sitting on the floor in the room where we were attacked. My neck was stiff, so I cracked it, and then I looked around. Kostas was lying face down by the doorway, still breathing, thank goodness, and Caleb was lying by the bed on his back. I crawled over to him and saw that he was asleep, or else unconscious.

"Caleb?" I shakily asked, placing my hand on his bare chest. He was warm. "Caleb? Wake up."

He groaned and slowly moved his head. I sighed and placed my head on his chest, thankful that he was alive. I was so glad that he wasn't dead! My heart started to slow down a bit as I took a deep breath. Caleb inhaled sharply.

"Cris?" he asked suddenly and in a scared voice.

I looked up and felt tears fall down my face. I smiled at him and he sighed, putting his head back down.

"Oh thank god," he said. "I was afraid something happened to you." He wrapped me into a hug as I laid halfway on top of him.

"I thought you were dead," I carefully said, not wanting to burst into tears.

He smiled. "I would never leave you like that."

I smiled back and then I stood up, my joints popping as I did. I looked around the room and saw it was totally destroyed from the rogues. The bed was covered in blood, most likely Ira's, and then a slowly stirring Kostas on the floor. I walked over to him and carefully pulled him up.

"W-what ha-happened?" he slowly asked.

"They took Ira," I slowly said.

He was now fully awake and he looked around the room wildly. He ran out of the room and Caleb and I followed him. We were standing outside in the freshly fallen snow in basically just our skin, but none of us cared because Ira was gone. Kostas ran a hand through his hair and a few tears fell down his face.

"No, no no no no!" he shouted, falling to knees and then punching the snow. "She's gone! She's gone and I can't smell her!"

"Calm down-" I started but a snowball cut me off.

"Don't you tell me to," bad word, "calm down!" Kostas shouted.

Caleb growled and stood in front of me as I wiped snow out of my face.

"Watch it alpha!" Caleb growled.

"What are you upset about?! You didn't lose your mate!" Kostas screamed.

Caleb took a deep breath and walked over to his best friend. He sunk down in the snow and embraced him. Kostas hugged him back and cried. It was so touching that I almost started crying.

"We'll find her," Caleb calmly said.

Kostas breathed deeply and nodded. Suddenly snow covered his head and he leaned back in surprise. Caleb was frowning at him.

"Don't ever throw a snowball at my mate again," he said seriously.

Kostas laughed and then apologized to me with a smile. It was nice to see him smile in a time like this. I looked through the woods surrounding us and thought of my best friend. We'll find you Ira, I promise.

_____

Ira

When my eyes focused and the blackness started to dissipate, I was no longer in the white and blue operation room. I was now in a dark cell with my wrists chained to a stone wall. Where was I? I then remembered a dark face smiling at me and then picking me up. And the pain. The pain was the worst.

I looked down at my leg and saw that it wasn't bandaged and it wasn't bleeding either. It was starting to scab, but it was still incredibly sore. I slowly started to move to stand up, but I was pulled down again by a chain around my waist. Man, this guy didn't want me to move.

There was a creak of an iron door and light poured into the dark room. I squinted my eyes until they adjusted and the door closed again.

"Oh good, you're awake," the voice from before said.

"Where am I?" I asked. My voice cracked because my throat was dry.

He chuckled. "Your in my house."

"You have a pretty rotten home," I said, trying to act strong and unfazed.

He laughed again, and it sounded deep. Almost familiar. I couldn't see his features because he wore a black hood over his face and the light from the torch he was holding didn't shine through. Talk about old school.

"You're under my home actually, and my alpha will be happy that your awake," he said, turning around to leave.

And finally it clicked.

"Glen!" I said.

He froze and chuckled as he turned back around. He removed his hood to reveal the face of the giant. Glen smiled evilly.

"Glad you noticed," he said. With that he walked out of the cell and left me alone in the dark.

Why was he here?! He was a traitor! And Kostas didn't know! I had to tell him! I pulled against the chains and yelled as I felt it tear my skin on my wrists and waist. I fell back down to the wall and floor and cried.

"Kostas," I said as tears fell down my face. "Don't trust him."

My body shook as I cried and I sobbed for what seemed like hours until I became exhausted and sleepy. I drifted off back into the darkness and waited for my wolf to come save me.

_____

Glen

I was sick of serving alphas and protecting them if I got nothing in return. Gloria was nice, and I was hoping that maybe we could bond, but since her mate died she won't allow me to get close to her. That did it, and now I want nothing more than to hurt her and her family. It's a scorned love, I know, but I don't care.

"Is she awake?" Roderick asked.

"Yes, and she's not happy that I'm here," I said, sitting down at the table surrounded by other men in black hoods. We were in a planning room, a war room, and Roderick Holloway was planning to contact Kostas.

"That's fine, just as long as no one else knows you're here, we should have no problem," he said. An evil smile covered his face. "Did you drop off that body?"

I nodded. "The burned body should make them think that I died in a fire. They won't wonder where I am."

He nodded. "Then they won't expect to see you here threatening Ira's life."

"Sir, how were you planning to dispose of her?" another guy asked across the table.

Roderick lost his smile. He shrugged, which I was surprised by. "I was thinking of possibly beheading her, starvation, something along those lines."

I eyed him curiously. He always knew what he would do, even if his plans failed. Surely he wasn't thinking about...using her? Even I couldn't stomach the thought of that.

"Who would be the one to do that?"

Holloway looked at me, and my heart fell. I didn't care for the girl, but I didn't want to be one to kill her! I knew her the most out of these men, would Holloway really put me through that? Of course he would.

"Now, all we do is contact them."

_____

Hello everyone!

Ooh, what will traitorous Glen do?!

Anyway, I'm writing another story! I'm sorry that The Original isn't being updated regularly, but I'm just sort of out of it right now for that story.

But this new one should be good! I hope...maybe? Please read it and let me know!

So vote, read, comment, share, and tell your friends! If you have any.

Cya guys later!