Chapter 6: The House

Ira

We pulled up to a large two story, old victorian style home. It was well cared for, especially for being in the middle of the woods. Caleb parked the car outside a large garage and Cristy jumped out of the car, and Caleb quickly leaped out after her. Kostas slowly got out and then he lifted me up bridal style out of the car. I protested, saying I could walk, but he ignored me.

"Just relax," he whispered in my ear. My stomach flipped twice.

Lights were on in the home, and as soon as I saw Caleb and Cristy walk up to the door, lots of people poured out of the door and pulled them inside. I wrapped my arms tighter around Kostas' neck, just because I still wasn't used to crowds.

"Alpha! Alpha! You won't believe what we did!"

"Alpha! What happened?"

"Is that mashed potatoes?"

"Who's she? "

"Is she alright?"

Questions were thrown at Kostas as soon as we entered the house. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but there were still a lot of others. They cleared a way for Kostas and he carried me to the stairs of the house, completely ignoring the questions.

"Kostas Andrew Malone!" a woman's voice boomed, causing the other people to back away. Oh shit, full names use, never good. Kostas stopped walking and slowly turned to look at the woman who spoke.

She was a middle aged woman who was very beautiful. She had curly brown hair, her face looked like Kostas', and a tall, stocky man stood beside her looking angry.

"Yes mother?" Kostas asked.

"Why is there a filthy human in your arms?" she asked, folding her arms.

Filthy? I might've been covered in food, but at least I didn't stink.

"I'm taking her upstairs so that she can get cleaned up."

"And why is there another human with Beta Caleb?"

"Because she's my mate," Caleb said, holding Cristy close to him. This was the first time that Cristy looked afraid about something.

The other people congratulated him except for the woman, she growled deeply, very deeply for a woman. Everyone went silent.

"This is unaccpetable!" she said. "Glen will take care of them and erase their memories of us."

She snapped her fingers and the stocky man took a step towards me and Kostas. Kostas held me away from Glen and growled angrily and threateningly. Glen stopped walking and went wide eyed, even the woman did as well.

"You can't be serious!" she cried. "She, of all people, is chosen as your mate?!"

Me? Of all people? I felt stinging behind my eyes and tears began spilling down my face, and Cristy saw this. She broke away from Caleb much to his protests and she ran to me and hugged me, pulling me out of Kostas' arms. She hugged me as I cried on her shoulder. Kostas growled loudly and his mother retreated a step.

"Don't ever say that about her!" Kostas yelled. "She's perfect and I don't care if she is human!"

Kostas picked me up again and carried me up the steps. I didn't know what happened to Cristy or Caleb, but I'm sure they were somewhere else. Kostas opened up a door and walked in. The room was large and it had a big bed, a dresser, a table with a plasma TV on it, and a bathroom was connected to the room as well.

Kostas carefully placed me down on the bed and sat down beside me as I laid there. I looked at him with tears still flowing down my face and he refused to look at me.