Chapter 3

Grand Duke Alcide Cajarte

"My word. Your excellency, isn't about time to think marriage?"

I tightly gripped the quill pen I used for signing the documents when I heard how foolish Jackson was. I glance at him. Standing in front of me, watching me do all of my work.

He was in my office to guard me with his keen eyes, making sure that I will finish everything on the desk, not letting me to escape from this hell. Annoying pile of junk papers.

"That. Didn't cross in my mind."

Marriage. Such a thing that I never considered. I was busy, executing nobles that abuse their powers to the poor. Waging wars that I've become accustomed with a battlefield full of dead mountain bodies as their stench of blood soiled the ground.

The weeps of the soldiers rung in my ears as they block the rain of arrows with their metal shield and their flesh will splatter right in front of my sight. A scene that will forever hunt me in my dreams until I became a stone-cold man. Nothing to do but to keep forward with my eyes closed, abandoning the hearts that have scattered.

"You should find a wife to be in-charge of the household by now. Shall I find someone for you?"

"Hmm. A wife huh?"

How shall I think about marriage? Every step that I take, the women were looking at me with their wide eyes open. I'm not drawing my sword yet and they are screaming already while running fast away from me. Is there someone willing to be married with me? How funny Jackson is.

"Yes. They said, women in Claintery Empire are clever. I'm sure they are suitable for managing."

"I doubt that."

Ladies from that country are very cunning. They are sly foxes beneath their alluring smiles. They act and feign ignorance but what they actually want is gold.

"If you're not sure then how about the prodigy princess of that Empire? If she'll become your wife, wouldn't Arello prosper?"

A smirk formed across my lips. No wonder, that country must be at their highest peak. They said, that the princess is full of dreams and innovations that can help their life make easier. I quite want to know what kind of inventions are those.

"Isn't the princess being like a sacred to them so they locked her in a tower?"

"You are right, Your Excellency. But if you want, shall we kidnap her?" he proposed with an aloof face, like it was a normal thing to do for a Cajarte. How can he suggest a crime when his eyes look so cold?

"Were not that low, Jackson. It's sad that she experienced such fate, should we try declaring war against them? Enough to shake their ground?"

And killing people isn't a crime?

That will depends.

"We don't have sufficient amount of supplies for our army to travel in a far country. Also, were you planning to attack the Ivium, right?"

"Hmm."

He was correct though.

Arello is an Empire. That means, all of the territories were overlook by the Emperor yet...

There are some kingdoms or lords were remotely and bold enough to go against the absolute. They declare war which is an act of treason. For that, they have to be punish.

It will be all easy once we can have an adequate supply for our soldiers and strategies under our sleeves.

My next prey, Ivium. A dukedom ruled by a pig that dares to invade my property that was closest to him. He used war and made the pitiful commoners deploy themselves in the battle field. Taking advantage that I was not there to protect my people. Then, he shall face my sword.