Chapter 14

I was expecting not to meet him again. However, a fateful encounter has once again occurred. With me, patrolling the town. Searching for a good bargain of interesting garments.

The Crown Prince bump into my shoulder, he was gasping for air. His actions were in hurried yet cautious. It seems like he was being chased by someone. For I'm guessing that he's in the middle of escaping his guards again.

When he saw me, realization hit him across his face. He immediately grabbed my hand and we run together that made my mind turned into blank. For sure, Celine that was standing beside me was also shocked from the scenario.

As she just witnessed right before her, my disappearance with this unknown man. Perhaps, she's panicking right now. Knights will hunt me for sure at her per orders.

"Your Royal Highness, why did you tag me along?"

"Shh." Hushing me while were hiding in the dark street of alley. "Let's go inside there."

"But- "

"Hush," he whispered and drag me inside that looks like a mysterious shop. As we entered, we were covered in pitch black surroundings and only a few candles were being lighted. Enough to see our path.

A creepy man stood beside a huge door just like a shadow. Guarding the only room inside of this store. I couldn't clearly discern his face for the dimness crept him as he's presence were weak and might be staying shallow.

"Welcome to the Panget Auction, here's your masks and paddle numbers. "

So, this strange place was for bidding the things you wanted to buy. I look at the white mask that was handed to me, this is for hiding your identity. To ensure your privacy and that the other participants will not recognize you.

If ever you will be won over a rare item that the others also wanted. Certainly, they might plot to backstab you if they know which family you came from. However, with this method, it will be hard to investigate.

Yet again, why are we here?

Never mind rather. Perhaps, I will be able to purchase a good product.

When I gaze up to see the Crown Prince, he was already wearing the black mask instantly. I was about to open my mouth when he interrupted me for another time. He glanced the man. "Very well, Sir."

"You may enter, the event has been started."

We were greeted by the cool breeze as we step inside of the room. Deciding to silently sit down at the very back to not gain attention. The soft chairs were the color of enticing red, the same with the walls.

Chandelier above the host and an item was being presented, shielded with a glass container with its surround. He was introducing the history of a painting by the famous artist. And the bidding starts from here on.

"Do I hear one-hundred silvers?" An anonymous guest raised its own paddle number.

"Yes! One-hundred silvers! Going once?" Unexpected, a person bid twice the amount.

"Two-hundred silvers!" exclaim of the host. The hall suddenly quiets and this was a signal for him to assume that no one will offer higher. He smites the wooden block with the small mallet and it produce a sound that was deafening. "Sold!"

The people clap their hands to the winning bidder. Then, the next item was brought by the assistants to display. When the object was expose, the place was filled with murmurs.

"Oh, a golden jewelry," I gasped enough for the only Crown Prince to hear.

"You want it?" I look at him with my eyes wide open.