Chapter 13

"Bang!"

They wince when I position my hand. Closed knuckles with only two of my fingers aiming at the forehead of the Grand Duke. Just like what I saw from the picture of that amazing book I read.

"What if, you can kill the enemy from afar."

"You mean shooting arrows Madam?" Jackson asked, as his old eyes filled with curiosity to my actions.

I remember this scenario; it feels like we were back again in this kind of meeting. With the butler and his knight beside him and I, at the presence of His Excellency. Perhaps, this will become a routine for us.

We will discuss strategy every time the Grand Duke will go to the battlefield. It wasn't uneasy dissimilar before I entered his office. The aura was welcoming me instead.

"No, I'm talking about a weapon that could kill in one shot without minding the trajectory in aiming."

"Probably, you read another history about the other country."

I hastily nodded, smiling to what my husband stated. "You're not wrong."

The information was a long time ago. For I was meaning to suggest this while I was living in my dreams in the Claintery Empire. Yet, no one listened to a mere child. They took it as a ridiculous and impossible to create.

On condition that my memories are correct, it was originated in Kingdom of Velez. Then, suddenly exists in Louthia. Well, there are things that the books don't contain. But the fact that the production of that weapon didn't spread is good news.

"Tell us more."

"From what I can remember, it was called a gun." I boldly borrowed His Excellency's quill and drew a picture, close enough to the real one. I just hope that they can understand my art. "Something like this."

Then I added another thing on the paper to be more precise and detailed. "Loaded with heavy bullets. What made me interested was, it could pierce right through the armor of the soldiers that the arrows couldn't."

Yes. This might be a possible solution. I kept my mouth shut about the Datae gem for I'm not sure. They all just need to listen to this and I hope that nothing will go wrong.

"Hold on. I can't process it Madam," Josh said as he was raising his hand, asking for a paused. "You mean, that small weird shape can pierce a hole into the solid metal armor?"

"Yes, is what I want to say."

"Interesting," the Grand Duke blurted as Josh whistle. "Would finding the raw materials would be difficult?"

"Yes, Your Excellency."

"Then, what made you decide to suggest it?" His stares gave me the chills. Analyzing how confident I am.

"Because it's worth the cost." I chuckled inside of my head. There's no exemption even I was his wife. He's not willing to take a risk if it doesn't have a high value for him.

"Hmm. Would the enemy be killed instant?"

"Yes. I can guarantee you."

Jackson decided to interrupt the interrogation. "It could be called a deadly weapon, Your Excellency."

The tyrant man nodded his head. "Right. Josh, do whatever it takes for us to generate that gun."

"Yes, Sire." He salutes before leaving the room.

After the door was close, I turned back my focus to the front. "Pardon me, but why do you seek to conquer Mazo?"

"I was ordered by His Majesty. He was quite being suspicious to the sudden move of the Arello's King. Probably, that ruler wants to expands his territory by attacking our land near at their border."