Chapter 9

Grand Duchess Madelaine Cajarte

Why did I even bother?

Asking him for getting to know each other more. Have all the shame in my body left when he kissed my hand as he apologized? I never expect that the famous tyrant Grand Duke will ask for forgiveness.

And we agreed that we shall never indulge ourselves in personal matters. Does it mean that by knowing him deeper is a foul? Despite his gentle care that he showed me, currently I'm contemplating whether I shall give him a chance.

That's all, it was. Perhaps, I was just carried away by the mood. Although, when I remember how he declined my offer, I felt so embarrassed. I was almost tempted to borrow a shovel to a gardener and buried myself.

Morning came and found no trace of him when I opened my eyes. I'm curious if did he ever accomplish his motive, watching me fell asleep. Don't assume Madelaine, he might just leave right before I drown to my slumber.

"My Lady, His Excellency and his army had already departed," Celine informed me with worry in her gaze. She might have noticed something when I look around in my room.

"Ah, right." I tiredly get up, only to found out that he didn't even bid me a goodbye. "Please prepare my bath."

Well, isn't this good for me? No madness will disturb me for the time being and I can do whatever I want. Such a great news, yet I'm feeling quite down.

I placed my warm cheeks against to both of my hands while observing my reflection to the mirror. Celine was occupied with brushing my hair after I took a bath that help me to be refreshed. With that being said, she also helped me to wear my dress and that hateful corset.

So, I did say. That without the Grand Duke being here, I can live with ease. Or even do anything that I want.

False.

The only thing that I can do freely is to sigh.

Never imagined that I will have a hectic schedule for today. All I have in my mind was to let the chef cook, enough to have a feast. Being able to eat lavishly starting today.

Because the last time that I had steak with His Excellency, I couldn't bring myself to forget it.

From afar, without even holding a conversation. His deadly presence envelops the dining area. I couldn't chew my food pleasingly. Because every time my eyes will look up, I will see the sight of His Excellency in front of me.

Then, before I knew it. He was already staring, watching me the whole time. Sending shivers to my body that makes me swallow the whole meat hard. As a result, I will get indigestion.

Here I am, thinking that I will be able to eat properly without him.

I bit my lips when all the foods that were prepared wasn't tasted. All the fault to the strict teacher who suddenly came and pulled me away from the dining for just educating me the etiquette lessons.

Disrupting me from enjoying myself. And I thought when we finished early which made me surprised, I will gain time for a walk around the outside of the castle.

Nevertheless, when did this pile of documents appear on my table? That answer why the teacher let me off ahead, as I see this butler smiling innocently at me. Guessing that he scheduled my time into half.

I have to learn in the morning and by afternoon, I will have to take care of these paper. Well, isn't this good for me? Without the madness being around that will disturb me, he left all of his works on my shoulder.

Since the Grand Duke has gone off to war, I have to manage everything from now on. Will I be able to do it by myself? From the financial budget up to the other things, will I survive?