love

Shuri's dark eyes glitter up at him from where she's slanted against the couch's side padding. James is poised over her, real arm on the backrest, the other palm fixed against that same side padding. Stones on her intricate hairpiece-dash-tiara touch against the metal of his forearm, chiming almost musically. The corner of her mouth raises. A little amused, a little sleepy. "Hey," she says after a long moment. Her breath is a little thick but still so sweet and good.

"Hey," James echos. Though he'd rather just repeat IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou. She had heard him, hadn't she?

Shuri rolls a shoulder, putting one hand to her neck with a slight wince. She blinks; looks around like she's not even sure where she is. "What time is it?"

And that's the least important thing. Something she needs not to even think about. But he supposes he's been laying in her lap and she seems groggy and far-off. She had probably fallen asleep, while he had been distracted and contemplating. Which is.. Perfect?

"Does it matter?" he whispers, slowly dropping down to her lips. A little nibble, then pulling back. Entice her to follow him; challenge her to turn the tables. Then, once more, a soft peck behind her ear. A little nibble at her earlobe, and this time she follows his lips up. Convenient, because James knows he shouldn't be leaning down on her; especially not this long. Her thin, frail neck must already be hurting from sleeping upright; before baring the brunt of his weight. So when she turns to chase, he lets her topple him and they tumble to the carpet in the dark.

She laughs; guttural and low. Much lower than her usual chrystal-chimed laughter. "You did that on purpose!"

He did, because this is better; now he can look up at her. And, he has his hands free. Her blue silk dress has ridden up and she straddles him. Taking one, two seconds in the dark just to run his mismatched fingertips lightly over that silk, questing. James drinks in the sensation; lets it flood over him, heady and good and warm. "I love you. I want to make love to you. Will you?"

Shuri is waking up for real now, sobering quickly. And that's not good. James doesn't want her to.. She blinks; rubs at a temple, tries again, a little breathless. "Okay. wow? Slow down tiger."

And no; no way. He wants to speed up. He's not even hitting his stride here. And damn, he should curse Mohai for putting this into his head. For thinking he could. For thinking he can. "Please, let me make love to you. You.. you are right. I can read you. And I know you want me to." He lifts one knee to topple her, and Shuri catches herself, her palms griping into the shirt, nails slightly scratching his chest. James reaches up, his artificial limb carefully circling between her shoulder and sliding to the small of her back. "I know you want me, too."

His other, real hand, continues up. Right into heaven. And up there strokes Shuri's chin, her cheek, her neck. A dream, too real. He can feel every bump on her skin. Takes in the fine, frizzled texture of the fine braids worked into her headpiece. And when he strokes a little too hard, the teardrop stones chime like a sea over him, half undone from her nap. James tries to remove it; free her of the encombring weight.

Shuri mocks him, softly, but unfastens the last of the strings and braids herself. She sits up again, sighs as she plays with the pieces in her hands. "You are.. Not wrong. But I'm still not sure it's a good idea. Especially right now.. After. After last evening. I think. Maybe you are confused right now..?"

But James doesn't let her; doesn't let her finish. "You are so kind," he tells her, instead. "You are so good. And I've wanted you for so long..." he is back to running his palms up and down her sides, thumbs coming just a hint too close to her breasts, but never touching. Inviting; calling, but not taking. He gives her his most ravenous look, which he can only hope she can actually see in the dark. Stares her in the eyes, intently. Shuri frowns down, biting her lip, worrying at it with her perfect teeth. "Even if I do, you need.."