Chapter 7

I was now at the hospital in the room, waiting for the doctor with Zhou Zhi.

"Why did you do it?" He asked as I held my shoulder.

"I had to. I knew how to handle that ball but..."

"But what?"

Just then, the doctor walked in.

"Okay. Lu Lian. It seems like you have an injury on your shoulder and it looks like it has been there for a while. I guess the tennis match that you did made your injury even worse. Would you tell me what happened to your shoulder?" The doctor said.

"Well, it happened before I moved here..."

FLASHBACK

"Are you ready for your match, Lu Lian?" Lu Xia asked as I gave him a thumbs up.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I told him with a smile.

"Be careful." He told me as I went to my position on the court.

The match started off quick and easy but at the last match, I switched my racket to my right hand and got ready for the ball but this ball was different. The person hit the ball with a different technique.

The ball was coming at me so fast and I didn't know what to do so I got ready to hit the ball and when I did, the ball hit my shoulder.

I screamed in pain and dropped my racket. 

Lu Xia ran up to me in concern and asked me what was wrong.

"I can't move my shoulder." I told him in pain.

The next day, I went to the hospital and the doctor said that if I continue to play with the shoulder, the injury will get worse and he also told me that I couldn't play tennis for a few months.

END OF FLASHBACK

I glanced at Zhou Zhi who was staring at me in worry.

"I guess your best decision is to lay low on tennis which means that you can't play tennis for a while until your shoulder gets better." The doctor said, making me nod.

Few minutes later, Zhou Zhi was walking me back to the tennis court and it started to get awkward.

"Who else knows about your injury?" He asks, stopping me in my tracks.

"Just Lu Xia." I told him, not glancing at him.

"Why didn't you tell the team about your injury?" He asks.

"I didn't want you guys to worry. Lu Xia didn't want me playing on my arm either."

"Then why did you do it?"

"I had to. It was either you or me to get hurt and I chose me." 

"Wait. Does that mean you like me?" He asks with a smirk.

"No. I just don't anyone to get hurt." I told him, nervously but he clearly knew that I had a slight crush on him. 

"Well. Why did you want to accompany me to the hospital? The other team members would've accompanied me." I ask him with a smirk as well and he just looked away, not answering the question.

"We should go." He said, clearing his throat and started to walk away from me.

I started to smirk before catching up with him and continued to walk to the court.

TIME SKIP

I was now at the court to see the team members gathering around under the bench.