Chapter 26

I woke up and the first person I saw was Lu Xia and Zhou Zhi but also the other members were here as well.

"What happened?" I ask as I start to sit up.

"You fainted while you were playing a match with Yuan Chi from Hai Guang. They brought you here." Baiyang said as I look around to see that I was in the hospital room and was laying on the bed.

"We were so worried about you. After we heard about what happened, we went straight here." Qiao Chen said as the Coach and the doctor came in.

"Lu Lian. Your bone cancer is even more dangerous now and has spread. I predicted that you only have a few weeks left."

"Is there a way to stop the cancer from spreading?" Zhou Zhi asks, still worried.

"Well, for now, The only option is surgery..."

"I'm not doing it. We still have the nationals." I said, looking away from them.

"But in order to stop it from spreading..." Dayong mentioned but I interrupted him.

"I said no. I'm not going to do the surgery until after we win nationals." I said, still looking away from the looks that they were giving me.

I can tell that they were looking at me with concern and worry but I just ignored them.

TIME SKIP

I was now discharged from the hospital and I somehow managed the Coach to secretly let me play in the nationals and we were now gathered around in a small building.

"Thank you for your supervision and encouragement, we, from Yu Qing, finally regained the will to fight. So, today, I invite everyone to have a barbecue. Yan, have you finished arranging the seats based on everyone's preference?" Dayong said as he looked at Yan who nodded.

"Qiao Chen doesn't want to sit with Shen Weiming. Jiale must stay with you. Zhou Zhi and Lu Lian has to sit next to Zhou Yu and stay away from Guan Yue if possible. But Guan Yue has to stay with Zhou Yu too. Ji Jingwu needs to sit with Lu Lian but someone has to sit at the same table to grill meat for him." Yan said, finishing his arrangements.

"How about Lu Xia? Is he late again?"

"I'm here."

Sooner or later, I was sitting next to Zhou Zhi and Zhou Yu was sitting across from us until Guan Yue took a seat next to Zhou Yu.

I then feel Zhou Zhi glance between Zhou Yu and Guan Yue but I ignored it.

"This is a self-service barbecue restaurant. Just help yourself. Eat as much as you can. Let's dig in." Dayong said as he sat down next to Jiale.

"Eating alone is no fun. How about this? Let's hold a big eater contest. Each school selects one representative. The one who loses the contest has to drink... Yan Zhiming's specially made juice." Jiale said as he held up a full glass of Yan juice.

"Jiale, why are you proposing the contest?" Xinglong asked.

"Okay. Everyone from Yu Qing has reached a consensus. Our representative is... Qiao Chen." Jiale said as he pointed to Qiao Chen.

"Good. You can say I'm not the best player, but you can't say I'm not a big eater." Qiao Chen said before high-fiving Jiale.

"Hua Chonghong, go." Jingwu said, pinning it to his teammate.

"Zhou Yu." Guan Yue said, looking at Yu.

"Yu had the stomach flu when he was little. He can't eat too much." Zhou Zhi said, glaring at Guan Yue.